SDS 200 ID Scan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Toggle ID Scan or ID Search
While scanning each Trunked System, press Func then E/yes.
Note:
ID Search is not available with the Database.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It used to be called ID Scan in the old days, but there was a lot of confusion with ID Search. Nowadays it is ID Search ON or ID Search OFF, where ID Search OFF is that old ID Scan.

ID Search ON is used if you are looking for new, unprogrammed or unlisted talkgroups. In essence you are searching for talkgroups that are not already there (in addition to those that are programmed).

In your situation, you want ID Search OFF.

Also, something to bear in mind. If you have a talkgroup Avoided, its Service Type disabled, it not being available due to location control considerations or Quick Keys Off, you will not "Scan" that talkgroup. That's because the scanner thinks you have set those conditions which keep the TG from being scanned.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
How would you set the ID scan to a particular group that you already have programed in?

Thanks so Much!
Theodore
Are you asking how you go to a specific talk group/channel that you have programmed in your radio? Or is there just a specific TGID that you're wanting to temporarily hold on? I'm not sure if the earlier replies answered what was being asked, if I understand what was asked, or if you might have been asking something a little bit different?

You can assign channel numbers to any specific talk group or frequency for that matter. It's called Assign Channel Number I believe.I'm not looking at a radio right now so I can't recall positively. But it allows you through a few numeric key presses to get to that specific channel on the scanner you want to go to. And if you just want to temporarily hold on a TGID that you know, you can hold on any TGID in a TRS real easily. You stop the scanning on the trunk system and then type in the TGID and press the Channel button I believe it's named. This would be the far right button of the three main buttons the scanner has if it's one of the SDS radios.If it's one of the other earlier model scanners you would type the TGID and then press the Hold button.

If it's another Uniden radio that you have, the same things can be done but it might be a different method you have to use to do it. I'm not sure which scanner you're using. One thing I did like about the older scanners, like the BCD396XT or BCD996XT, was how you could press the TGID while holding the scan, press the Hold button again, and it would actually take you to that programmed talk group if you had it in the radio (on the system you stopped the scan on).

But any way you look at it with a Uniden scanner, if either of those methods I described were what you were asking about, yes, the Uniden scanners do allow you to do both types of navigations to get to a talk group but it may vary depending upon the model of the scanner.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It is actually called "Number Tagging". This allows you to jump to a specific channel, be it a talkgroup or conventional frequency.

When one sets these up, a Number Tag for the Favorites List must be set (like a city/state in an address). Then a Number Tag for the applicable System (like the name of a street in an address). Finally a Number Tag must be set for the specific channel (like a house number in an address).

(Just like delivering the mail, a full address is needed to get to the right place.)

To get to a specific channel that is number tagged, press Channel to stop scanning. Then enter the "address" of the channel (FF.SS.CC) then press Channel again to finish the process. (The FF is Favorites List Number Tag, SS is System Number Tag and CC is Channel Number Tag). The periods are important elements and must be entered.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That is the direction I was looking for you explained it much better then me. Can it be done?

Absolutely. My "more important" channels are number tagged and I use this feature regularly. I'm scanning probably several hundred talkgroups and conventional frequencies. I have number tagged perhaps 50 at most.

The biggest challenge will be remembering the specific numbers. I will use the same number for the Number Tag as I do Quick Keys for both Favorites Lists and Systems. Then it becomes a case of the actual channel numbers. Channel "Fire One" becomes Number Tag 1. Channel "Fire Tac 81" is Number Tag 81.

Number tags have been around a long time - as far back as the 996XT scanner I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.