Sds 200 in Polk County fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I would recommend as they are a simulcast system.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Absolutely Simulcast. Pretty most all of FL that is not a heavily populated metro area is simulcast as neighboring systems share P25 resources to cut costs. Your system shares with Polk, Hardee, Highlands, DeSoto counties.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
It all depends on your residential or listening location, as the Uniden SDS line is designed to sort out the competing simulcast issues. If you are between competing towers, or in your case close to competing counties who share towers, you will have simulcast bleed over or missing transmission issues. Do some research on where your P25 towers are, and if that will be an issue for you. For others that may not be an issue if they are sitting next to a tower or within a few miles of one tower and far enough away from the other as to not cause simulcast issues. As always with monitoring, no two situations are alike and YMMV.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
You can gamble and get a BCD436HP or another non-SDS type scanner, or you can get an SDS100 or 200 and know that you're going to get the best reception you can get (with a scanner).

If you're fortunate enough to live in an area that does not experience simulcast distortion, a non-SDS radio will work, but I can guarantee you as soon as you leave the house and go mobile, you'll be wishing you had an SDS radio. Speaking from experience, my SDS100 blows my 436HP out of the water - there's just no comparison.

ScubaJungle

It seems to be a completely person-to-person basis (location) with simulcast issues.
I am not in Polk, but when I am there, driving through or whatever, I can pick them up fine on my BCD436HP. You might find different results though, so an SDS would be the safest bet. If you can borrow a BCD436HP and test it out, that would tell you your answer

SeanFL

I use a SDS-200 to monitor the Pinellas system (simulcast).

Chief, I'm considering buying an SDS200 to monitor Pinellas and Clearwater and wondering if you are still in the area to show how well the new SDS works.

Status
Not open for further replies.