SDS 200 sale at bearcat warehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xray

Tried to pull the trigger, would not let me so I don't know whats up with this "sale".

1st time I entered all info and submitted, just sent me back to payment where I had to reenter my info. 2nd time when I submitted, returned me to the home page with an error that said "invalid amount" with a big red X and now my cart was empty.

As I write this, I just got an email that says order confirmed, so we'll see how it goes.

aaUntitled.jpg

Xbullworker

Be prepared to see BIG drops $$$$$ on all scanning equipment in the near future. Anyone reading the news and living on Plane Earth for the last couple weeks knows that bad financial times are in the near future. Loss of jobs, sickness, an Election year in the USA, high climbing deficit, Recession certainty and most of all the Virus FEAR are all good indicators to take a deep breath and sit on the sideline before making any unnecessary purchases... Current Events will affect the prices of equipment for the Scanning Community.

My take on your experience is consider yourself lucky if the $640 sale fails. The Uniden radios ARE on a price slide downwards.

Xray

Time will tell about that, I think your outlook is on the pessimistic side.

Its not like I spent my last $640 on a radio, I don't think things will be nearly as bad as you project.

MisterLongwire

Amateur radio operator/QC tech for radio mfr.
Banned
Be prepared to see BIG drops $$$$$ on all scanning equipment in the near future. Anyone reading the news and living on Plane Earth for the last couple weeks knows that bad financial times are in the near future. Loss of jobs, sickness, an Election year in the USA, high climbing deficit, Recession certainty and most of all the Virus FEAR are all good indicators to take a deep breath and sit on the sideline before making any unnecessary purchases... Current Events will affect the prices of equipment for the Scanning Community.

My take on your experience is consider yourself lucky if the $640 sale fails. The Uniden radios ARE on a price slide downwards.
Yup. Pretty much all is lost. World is coming to an end. Sky is falling. We are all doomed. Sheesh!

Xray

Well hell, if I can barter my new SDS 200 for a loaf of bread and maybe some salami sticks, I'll be happy !

Anyways, I always thought that the doom and gloom guys wanted to have radio equipment when the SHTF ?

Xray

No one should minimize the threat - I started a thread called "coronavirus panic buying" on 2/28 - And I specifically started it to alert people to what I saw was coming Coronavirus panic buying

Some family/friends were not taking it seriously and I urged them to stockpile a bit, when I saw a run on masks it was easy to see what the logical progression was going to be, also tried panic buying threads at other forums which were prompt;y deleted by nervous nelly mods - To its credit, this is the only forum that let a panic buying thread stand early on. Mods are guys just like us, saw what was coming on as well and figured it wouldn't hurt to give guys an outlet to share info.
I stocked up on alcohol and handwipes, a few days later they were impossible to find [got 8 bottles of alcohol and 5 3 packs of wipes at a time when I could have got a pallet, so I don't consider that hoarding] Also had those items already on hand. Stores were actually well stocked at the time, home depot had pallets of hand wipes. I have since given some of it away to family/friends who didn't have any.

My point is, I take precautions and I act on my instincts, i'm not a guy to ignore clear signs and blow things off. Of course this is going to have a large economic impact on alot of folks, some people are going to be genuinely hurting and others rolling in the $$ ,, But we gotta keep things in perspective and look for bright spots in the gloom.
If I thought the world was going to hell in a handbasket, no I would not have bought a $640 radio, hell odds are it would never be delivered, would never get a refund and wouldn't even worry about it. We gotta keep alert, stay safe, look out for those around us who might need a little help, but always keep perspective and a clear head.

We are going through an unprecedented situation, yes it will get worse before it gets any better, but the vast majority of us will get through just fine, and we will take with us some lessons and a different outlook. Keeping a decent mental outlook can be critical, bad attitudes can cause physical afflictions - Yes, keep it real, stay informed but don't panic. I for instance am out of work right now and thats depressing, I like to work and hardly know what to do with myself when I'm not.
But I am a hustler, looking to drum up some $$ on the side, plenty of things to do around the house that I was been putting off literally for months, and soon I'll have a new scanner to mess with and listen to.

[Already have a sds100 but haven't used it connected to my roof mounted discone much. I'm into aircraft, hopefully will be able to hear the ground stations from a major airport that is about 20 miles away]

Status
Not open for further replies.