SDS 200 SD card access failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NR4SS

Just got a new SDS 200. Love it BUT........I keep getting SD card errors turning it into a expensive paper weight. I used it for weeks with no issues until for unknown reasons it started giving SD card read access errors, but would clear turning power on and off a few times till it loaded, I pulled card reformated it and "cleared user data" with sentinel software. I uploaded the newest firmware and files. When I plug it in it starts to up load firmware foe a sec then screen reads SD card access failed. Is the SD card bad? Thoughts? How do I get this resolved?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Uniden is not known for supplying high quality SD cards.
I'd get another card keeping in mind the 32GB size limit. Also, get one marked as high endurance if you can. I'm not sure if you can partition a larger card with a 32GB partition. I've seen it mentioned in the forums here but can't recall if that works or not.

As cheap as SD cards are these days, having a spare or three is not a bad idea.
Also, finding smaller size cards is getting harder to find at your local brick and mortar stores. 32GB is almost considered small now so keep that in mind. I'd imagine cards of all sizes will be available online for years to come but not near as fast as going to your local walmart or office supply store. Try for a name brand card like SanDisk.

RBMTS

You obviously have a bad card. Replace the card with a “High Endurance” type SD card. A 32GB card is relatively inexpensive.

NR4SS

i tried reformating and skipping the firware update and only loading the channel info. at first it worked but when i entered my location it stopped and says SD card read error (code=0,4) help anyone

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You might research the following. Be sure to follow the exact steps shown in the last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.