SDS 200 Vehicle Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
My former vehicle, a pickup truck had a BCD536HP scanner. Using a decommissioned iPhone with the Siren app, that served as a remote head/control for the scanner.

I have since gotten a new truck and am contemplating upgrading to the SDS200. The deal breaker would be the lack of remote control. Are there any ways of setting up in vehicle remote head/control, short of using a laptop?

Thanks!

freqseeker

My former vehicle, a pickup truck had a BCD536HP scanner. Using a decommissioned iPhone with the Siren app, that served as a remote head/control for the scanner.

I have since gotten a new truck and am contemplating upgrading to the SDS200. The deal breaker would be the lack of remote control. Are there any ways of setting up in vehicle remote head/control, short of using a laptop?

Thanks!
Windows 10 tablet and ProScan possibly. A ethernet to wireless adapter would be needed. Not sure if it would require a wireless router.
I use a Microsoft Surface in tablet mode and it works great at home, haven't tried it mobile though. There are cheaper Windows 10 tablets.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Windows 10 tablet and ProScan possibly. A ethernet to wireless adapter would be needed. Not sure if it would require a wireless router.
I use a Microsoft Surface in tablet mode and it works great at home, haven't tried it mobile though. There are cheaper Windows 10 tablets.

Or simply use a USB cable and a very inexpensive notebook PC running Windows would work just fine!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the relies. I'm trying to avoid a notebook/laptop solution given limited space. Plus around places I go, it's awful tempting to thieves. So an old iPhone is the biggest thing I'm comfortable with.

dougjgray

There are Wi-Fi bridge devices that can hook to the lan jack and should connect to iPhone and siren. I have one by vonet and was able to connect to my Wi-Fi at home but looks like a iPhone could connect to it. Although siren for android sometimes crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.