SDS 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
and there were just as many posts from people who stuck in the hack fix and found minimal change. That combined with part of the fix is a firmware upgrade that all it does is shot off the audio amp when no carrier is sensed, means that if you had bad hum before, you have it ON TOP of your audio transmissions now, but sure... while it's not receiving anything, no hum... I can do that now by leaving it shut off... or not buying one..LOL My SDS100 is hum free, why can't they do the same with the 200 with out hacks.
I think that some folks had a slight hum and it wasn't all that bad. Sure there may have been a couple with severe issues. Anytime you manufacture a product they all don't come off the assembly line perfect. That is why there is a warranty.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Erik71

After giving up on the hobby several years ago (the digital switch firmly thrown) I received my 200 today and I'm blown away. So much so that it's making me a bit nervous lol. (Could be the sinus meds) Audio is perfect btw. Zero "hum".

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I see the thread about the display was closed, but I will have to say, the issue remains, the display is -not- as bright on the SDS200 v/s the one on the SDS100. I have observed someone else's, and it is the same max. brightness as mine. And I had already setup my brightness values in Sentinel (min, at the lowest, 50% for medium, and 100% at maximum) ...I did that when I first got it. But still, it lacks in brightness. And I'm not going to settle for black and white mode, when one of the big selling points for me was the color display.

palmerjrusa

I see the thread about the display was closed, but I will have to say, the issue remains, the display is -not- as bright on the SDS200 v/s the one on the SDS100. I have observed someone else's, and it is the same max. brightness as mine. And I had already setup my brightness values in Sentinel (min, at the lowest, 50% for medium, and 100% at maximum) ...I did that when I first got it. But still, it lacks in brightness. And I'm not going to settle for black and white mode, when one of the big selling points for me was the color display.

Same here with my SDS200 compared to its little brother. I'd say with the SDS200 at max brightness = the SDS100 display at 50/60%.

Reactions: RRR

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Look the same to me. Both at 100%
f89bd5d11f60c599f025bd26468713f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jjbond

Banned
Banned
Both my 100 and my 200 at 100% brightness are well enough bright and pretty dang close. If I look at the 200 at a different angle it may dim a bit but overall, they're bright enough to blow out the exposure on my camera and FAR brighter than both of my XTS's and my Astro Saber and I can't ask for better than that.

IMG_5001.jpg

IMG_4997 (1).jpg

IMG_4969 (1).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.