SDS 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbelter

I purchased mine through Amazon , Bearcat warehouse with no shipping and tax . No humming or any other issues. I spoke with them prior to ordering and they assured me that their stock are new as well as previously issues addressed .

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Ham Station has the best deal going right now and they even specify that they have new stock...

They're a bit hard nosed about not returning it to them but for free shipping AND no tax (as they ship from Indiana, (about $50.00 saving there alone) and a unit known to have the ghetto hodge podge hack attempt at a fix Uniden put in, this may be the best deal going right now.

SDS-200 SHIPS FREE ground shipping No Tax out of IN Uniden Sds-200 Digital scanner [] - $699.99 : The Hamstation!, Your one stop on-line source for amateur radio fun.

View attachment 70953
LOL well I got no shipping but I had to pay tax. But, I got to pick up the scanner at Ham Station which is a few miles away. The reason they are tough on returns is that they are retiring and closing the store. But Jeff is a stand up guy and he'll take care of you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Everybody thinks the new radios are magically different. It's the same radio from day 1 albeit with the little piece of metal installed with the newer firmware. There wasn't a magical change of design and anybody who thinks there was is delusional.

Everybody thinks the new radios are magically different. It's the same radio from day 1 albeit with the little piece of metal installed with the newer firmware. There wasn't a magical change of design and anybody who thinks there was is delusional.

Well I for one am part of the "everybody" and I never once thought there was any "magical potion" applied to these radios. I was fully aware of the "issues" and also the "fix" Uniden applied that as UPMan has stated "mitigated :) to cause to become less harsh) the hum" (without the delusion of magic, lie or whatever..)
I also have stated that my "fixed" SDS200 does not appear to have said hum in any configuration ie: internal, external speaker or headphones at any volume level up to distortion.
Oh, and I haven't yet read anywhere in this thread where anybody else has had this so called "delusion of a magical change of design".
I can only assume you've not had enough coffee this morning?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Well I for one am part of the "everybody" and I never once thought there was any "magical potion" applied to these radios. I was fully aware of the "issues" and also the "fix" Uniden applied that as UPMan has stated "mitigated :) to cause to become less harsh) the hum" (without the delusion of magic, lie or whatever..)
I also have stated that my "fixed" SDS200 does not appear to have said hum in any configuration ie: internal, external speaker or headphones at any volume level up to distortion.
Oh, and I haven't yet read anywhere in this thread where anybody else has had this so called "delusion of a magical change of design".
I can only assume you've not had enough coffee this morning?
So why on almost every post they ask if the newer stock is available? The radio is the radio nothing has changed except mitigation of noise via fw and installed part. They act as if it's a completely new design and not the same radio that shipped from day 1.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
It has also been stated that the 1st shipment of SDS 200 radios were "defective" and they wanted the "New" shipments. I was merely stating that it is the same radio design that shipped on day 1.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
So why on almost every post they ask if the newer stock is available? The radio is the radio nothing has changed except mitigation of noise via FW and installed the part. They act as if it's a completely new design and not the same radio that shipped from day 1.

I think that is what they meant, you know how some people can be on here, so I'm guessing they wanted the newer production runs with the noise mitigation, FWIW I never had to use the setting to mitigate the noise on mine, I never had noise, mine is a later run

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I am very excited I have placed my order for the SDS200 on Friday with Zip Scaner’s. I hope they have the new stock and not the old radios with the speaker hum and reception on analog problem. I was on aware of this issue and did not ask them.

It should be shipped out tomorrow

Does anyone know if Zip Scaner‘s has the new stock.

Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good Luck with Zip Scanners.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Actually B.C./Uniden was the worse until radios shack went out of business. uniden didn't have nothing on GRE radios.
Once radio shack went out of business, only then Uniden came up

Too funny. You do understand that many of the RS scanners over the years were made by Uniden/Bearcat. I have many Uniden, GRE, RS, and Whistler scanners. The one thing Uniden has over the others in the modern era, Uniden actually trunk tracks DMR and NXDN.

However, they all have a use. Some are better then others in certain areas of scanning. If you won't use Uniden/Bearcat scanners because GRE is KING, you are certainly missing out.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I think that is what they meant, you know how some people can be on here, so I'm guessing they wanted the newer production runs with the noise mitigation, FWIW I never had to use the setting to mitigate the noise on mine, I never had noise, mine is a later run

I have two from the 1st shipment, never really had an issue with noise. Sure if you put your ear on the speaker you hear a hum. I installed the Mitigation part in both, no real difference to me. Don't use the AMP off setting. New firmware helps on VHF/UHF and filters also help. But between these two 1st shipment scanners and what is coming out now there is Zero difference.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I have two from the 1st shipment, never really had an issue with noise. Sure if you put your ear on the speaker you hear a hum. I installed the Mitigation part in both, no real difference to me. Don't use the AMP off setting. New firmware helps on VHF/UHF and filters also help. But between these two 1st shipment scanners and what is coming out now there is Zero difference.
I'm not arguing with you, just pointing out you might be getting irritated over a miscommunication

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I'm not arguing with you, just pointing out you might be getting irritated over a miscommunication
Doesn't irritate me I just laugh at the people who think it is somehow a different radio. Read the 1st shipment vs 2nd shipment thread.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
I am very excited I have placed my order for the SDS200 on Friday with Zip Scaner’s. I hope they have the new stock and not the old radios with the speaker hum and reception on analog problem. I was on aware of this issue and did not ask them.

It should be shipped out tomorrow

Does anyone know if Zip Scaner‘s has the new stock.

Roger

Good luck with Zip did they send you a tracking number yet? Let us know how you make out ok?

K5mow

Good luck with Zip did they send you a tracking number yet? Let us know how you make out ok?

Thank you very much. I understand that my order will ship tomorrow. I will let everyone know how the transaction went with Zip Scaner‘s. So far their customer service has been great.

Roger

jjbond

Banned
Banned

and there were just as many posts from people who stuck in the hack fix and found minimal change. That combined with part of the fix is a firmware upgrade that all it does is shot off the audio amp when no carrier is sensed, means that if you had bad hum before, you have it ON TOP of your audio transmissions now, but sure... while it's not receiving anything, no hum... I can do that now by leaving it shut off... or not buying one..LOL My SDS100 is hum free, why can't they do the same with the 200 with out hacks.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
and there were just as many posts from people who stuck in the hack fix and found minimal change. That combined with part of the fix is a firmware upgrade that all it does is shot off the audio amp when no carrier is sensed, means that if you had bad hum before, you have it ON TOP of your audio transmissions now, but sure... while it's not receiving anything, no hum... I can do that now by leaving it shut off... or not buying one..LOL My SDS100 is hum free, why can't they do the same with the 200 with out hacks.

It’s not Technically a hack, but only a small group had issues, mine runs Flawlessly no hum
f9344d98cce8351936ea7a2a7e87d319.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

radio3353

I just hooked up a friend of mine with the SDS200 and referred him to Scanner Master and advised him to ask about recent stock/fix before purchasing and they assured him they had the latest batch with the fix. Unboxed on Thursday and I helped him set it up (via phone) and everything was fine. No hum at all, anywhere. He can hear all of his airport towers 30mi away and ham repeaters about the same distance. Happy camper.

JD
kf4anc

Your friend spent $700 to listen to airports and ham repeaters? Happy camper maybe, but a poor shopper for sure. What did I miss?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Your friend spent $700 to listen to airports and ham repeaters? Happy camper maybe, but a poor shopper for sure. What did I miss?

What works for him might not work for us, maybe he likes the Display

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC

Guess I should have clarified, he was concerned about the few complaints about poor vhf/uhf reception and his fears were unfounded. He acted upon my recommendation because he had LSM problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.