sds 200

Mmertz

Premium Subscriber
I Have an SDS 200 after last update I can no longer gear Rensselaer county NY. It is still listed in database and favorites list and i can hear it on broadcastify. any possible solutions? I have done a hard reset of sds 200 already and am running updated sentinel. and firmware.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
What specifically did you "update" Are you referring to a database update via Sentinel? This shouldn't affect receiving talkgroups you received before if you didn't make any changes to your favorites list. Are all applicable service types (reference "tag" column per talkgroup in DB) turned on? Is the favorites list set to monitor? Getting a data link from the control channel or no? Many different variables to consider

Mmertz

Premium Subscriber
What specifically did you "update" Are you referring to a database update via Sentinel? This shouldn't affect receiving talkgroups you received before if you didn't make any changes to your favorites list. Are all applicable service types (reference "tag" column per talkgroup in DB) turned on? Is the favorites list set to monitor? Getting a data link from the control channel or no? Many different variables to consider
Yes indeed, This little scanner is MUCH MORE technologically advanced then I am. I Updated the database via Sentinel onto the computer, then write to scanner. The only difference I noted when I wrote to scanner was a Box that said something like ... data in favorite list is different than current data (or something like that) with 3 options Skip, Copy and replace or rename. I chose copy and replace. All service types and squelse settings are set correctly. Thats mostly the limit of MY tech savy . I had tried doing a Reset to factory settings and even used my back up SD card all to no Avail. My next step is calling uniden and possible sending it in for service/ Dianostic service.

Ubbe

The only difference I noted when I wrote to scanner was a Box that said something like ... data in favorite list is different than current data (or something like that) with 3 options Skip, Copy and replace or rename. I chose copy and replace.
There was some settings in the scanners favorite lists that where not the same as you had them programmed in Sentinel. Perhaps you can remember what settings you had to change directly in the scanner to make it work after the previous programming you did from Sentinel?

Push the System button, wait 3 sec, then push it again and start scrolling thru the systems until you find Rensselear County and let it monitor the system. If you push function and then Site and wait 3 sec, and then push function and Site again you can scroll thru the different sites. Check if any are missing or Avoided. You can also push the Deparment button, wait 3 sec and then push it again and scroll thru the different TG departments to see if any are Avoided.

/Ubbe

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I Updated the database via Sentinel onto the computer, then write to scanner. The only difference I noted when I wrote to scanner was a Box that said something like ... data in favorite list is different than current data (or something like that) with 3 options Skip, Copy and replace or rename.
When doing any updates, it's always best to first read the scanner into Sentinel. Then make your edits, changes or updates, then write back to the scanner.

Mmertz

Premium Subscriber
Service types on? Squelch setting?

There was some settings in the scanners favorite lists that where not the same as you had them programmed in Sentinel. Perhaps you can remember what settings you had to change directly in the scanner to make it work after the previous programming you did from Sentinel?

Push the System button, wait 3 sec, then push it again and start scrolling thru the systems until you find Rensselear County and let it monitor the system. If you push function and then Site and wait 3 sec, and then push function and Site again you can scroll thru the different sites. Check if any are missing or Avoided. You can also push the Deparment button, wait 3 sec and then push it again and scroll thru the different TG departments to see if any are Avoided.

/Ubbe

/Ubbe
the system button. when held for 3 seconds and pressed again did hold long enough to find Rensselaer county but then started scanning on its own again. site button did the same thing, i did not see any avoids while i could manually search.

Ubbe

the system button. when held for 3 seconds and pressed again did hold long enough to find Rensselaer county but then started scanning on its own again. site button did the same thing, i did not see any avoids while i could manually search.
My instruction where not precise and accurate enough and forgot one crucial step. Push and release the system button and then wait 3 sec. The system field should get highlighted and have locked the system in view. Then push again and release the system button and start scrolling within 2 sec. If you wait more than 2 sec between scrolls the T in the display will disappear and scroll are no longer possible until you push and release the system button again. All the other holds work in the same way and site scroll needs the function button to be used prior to pushing the dept button, that then have changed to a site button.

/Ubbe

k2hz

Database Admin
Yes indeed, This little scanner is MUCH MORE technologically advanced then I am. I Updated the database via Sentinel onto the computer, then write to scanner. The only difference I noted when I wrote to scanner was a Box that said something like ... data in favorite list is different than current data (or something like that) with 3 options Skip, Copy and replace or rename. I chose copy and replace. All service types and squelse settings are set correctly. Thats mostly the limit of MY tech savy . I had tried doing a Reset to factory settings and even used my back up SD card all to no Avail. My next step is calling uniden and possible sending it in for service/ Dianostic service.
It is really easier to read and view the scanner favorites and other settings and then edit any problems in Sentinel rather that manually scroll through the menus on the scanner looking to find what is wrong.

There is a possibility your Sentinel is corrupted if stuff is really missing -see this thread:

Getting help from Uniden and/or sending the scanner for service is questionable.