SDS sale again soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I already have a mobile mounted SDS200, and a portable SDS100, but am looking to purchase another SDS200, as a base scanner. Using the portable as a base leaves a lot to be desired to me.

I wish I had made my mind up around Christmas, as I could have gotten a deal on a great scanner.

My question is, how does it look for another sale to come around? All the reputable sellers are back to “$699”. I am in no hurry, but am wanting one, though.

I was just curious if anyone knew about when and where a good sale might come along again. I don’t want used, or ebay, I would like it from a reputable dealer. I got my last 2 from Bearcat warehouse, and have been mighty pleased with their service, and willingness to stand by what the sell.

Thank you in advance!

K4EET

Chaplain
If I were you, I would call Bearcat Warehouse on January 2nd and see if they would sell you a SDS200 at the year-end sales price. After all, this is your third scanner from them and may not be the last... Asking can't hurt. Be nice. The worst they can say is $699...

Dave

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I already have a mobile mounted SDS200, and a portable SDS100, but am looking to purchase another SDS200, as a base scanner. Using the portable as a base leaves a lot to be desired to me.

I wish I had made my mind up around Christmas, as I could have gotten a deal on a great scanner.

My question is, how does it look for another sale to come around? All the reputable sellers are back to “$699”. I am in no hurry, but am wanting one, though.

I was just curious if anyone knew about when and where a good sale might come along again. I don’t want used, or ebay, I would like it from a reputable dealer. I got my last 2 from Bearcat warehouse, and have been mighty pleased with their service, and willingness to stand by what the sell.

Thank you in advance!
You could also set an alert in Amazon to watch the price using Keepa.com, or CamelCamelCamel. I use Keepa to watch items for price drops to a price level enter. That would not "watch" Bearcat Warehouse or other online dealers, but Amazon will often price match what the lower selling price is on other sites.

Reactions: RRR

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
I was going to say that I have only saw them at this price as well. Nothing cheaper. The ones that advertised as being cheaper, were all scams.
I would love to see a deal on them, but I have yet to see any. I thought they would for Christmas or Black Friday, and did not see any deals.

jandlory

Premium Subscriber
I have been waiting on a sale myself, and have not seen any reputable dealers that I would send my money to have a sale on the SDS200. I figure maybe mid year or just as soon as Whistler comes out with something comparable the price will drop fast.

Bob1955

Thank you in advance!
That unit is PRICE fixed by Uniden. NO dealers are allowed to sell less them for less then $699.95 in fact, they sign a contract.
Have a nice Thursday and if you find it for less, good luck as it is probably a opened box.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I keep seeing "No dealers will drop the price..." etc., but there sure were some "Black friday deals" that weren't near the full price.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I keep seeing "No dealers will drop the price..." etc., but there sure were some "Black friday deals" that weren't near the full price.
Which were sanctioned by Uniden. And about the only time the price will drop below MSRP.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Buying from a private party is another thing entirely than buying from an actual dealer. Individuals are under no obligation to sell at any factory-specified price.

gtaman

Buying from a private party is another thing entirely than buying from an actual dealer. Individuals are under no obligation to sell at any factory-specified price.

Correct. I would expect to see a price drop from dealers soon though. Scanner is almost a year old. Usually at the 1 year mark products drop in price a small percentage.

Last edited:

gtaman

I hope you actually get it. If you do and it's new that was a great deal.

Label was created. I’ll find out next week. I’ve always never paid full price for anything. I bought my BCD996P2 new for 200. Back in the day I purchased my RadioShack Pro-164 on Black Friday with a coupon for 84.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.