SDS Waterfall additional feature

gary123

Like many I am using the new Waterfall option to enhance my scanning enjoyment. My thanks to Uniden for incorporating this feature.

One thing I have noticed while using the waterfall is that the scanner auto mutes on known signal types. This is to be expected as this is how the scanner operates in "scanning' mode.

The additional feature I am interested in is for a way to have the auto mute disabled when in waterfall mode AND the receive audio is enabled using the hold button. This would allow the user to hear the "digital" noise of the selected or marker selected signal. Many experienced users can then either look at the top of the waterfall to see the signal type or in many cases simply recognize the sound of the signal and thus identify its format p25,NXDN, DMR and even TETRA. This would be especially useful on weaker signals where the scanner may not lock onto the digital format in use. Ideally if the SDS cycled through the waterfall audio options of hold = the current configuration with muted audio, and a long press of hold ( or a different soft button) = disable the auto mute. This would work very well.