SDS100/200 Bandscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
Building on the secondary "sub processor" USB port findings which Robert Neville published on this forum I have written an experimental bandscope program for the SDS100/200. You can download it from my FB page here: Free Scanner Software

Hello and welcome to Radio Reference! Although I don't have an SDS series scanner yet, this is interesting, thank you for posting! I'm not a subscriber to Facebook. Is there any other way I could download this from another link or could it be uploaded here to RR?

Thanks,
Bill

Jake68111

Does anybody have some good links for a noob when it comes to these bandscopes?
Specifically, what it is, what its used for and how to read what you're seeing to use to your advantage?
I've been involved with scanners since I was 13 but with "band scopes" and "waterfalls", I have a feeling there is still a lot to be learned.

dougjgray

Does anybody have some good links for a noob when it comes to these bandscopes?
Specifically, what it is, what its used for and how to read what you're seeing to use to your advantage?
I've been involved with scanners since I was 13 but with "band scopes" and "waterfalls", I have a feeling there is still a lot to be learned.

It is kinda a graphical representation of the recieved signal. This looks experimental but on sdr radios usually you can see a large bandwidth and see signals. To learn more there is a section on rr about software define radio, look there you can probably find links/info to help you understand,and/or you can buy sdr dongles for your PC for like $20 and use SDR# or other software to experiment with.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Weird, I've been on Facebook for over 10 years and have never gotten "unsolicited" emails.

Not to go off topic but that is the least of your worries on FB! It's very insecure, it's hacked constantly and even the owner has snooped and downloaded your personal stuff and sold it to who knows who? Friends don't let friends use FB.

jarvis_road

Hi all,

Thanks for the positive feedback - it seems that many people have been able to run it on their machines. I'm happy to upload it here if allowed by the moderators? (The file is approx 29MB)

Steve

Hit_Factor

I hate FB. I have an account just for this purpose, it doesn't know who I really am.

I was approved to the group in a few minutes, got the sdscope software running on my Dell 7373 Win 10 no problem.

rbn_rr

Hi all,
Building on the secondary "sub processor" USB port findings which Robert Neville published on this forum I have written an experimental bandscope program for the SDS100/200. You can download it from my FB page here: Free Scanner Software
View attachment 72684
Happy to be name-checked here, and delighted that someone put my initial SDS100 hunting, pecking and scratching around to good use! :)

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
SDS Bandscope I can not get this to run with windows 10 ? What must I do?
When you plugged into the rear USB port, did you check for the new COM port? And did you use this COM port as part of the command line arguments?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.