SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 & 200 Bluetooth question

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
I use these two for wireless audio use of my scanners and have notice that when using the setup with the SDS100 I get clear audio but, when I use the setup with my SDS200 I get clear radio traffic with what sounds like lite static during the transmission of the audio. Is there something in the SDS200 settings I might need to change? I normally don't use the 200 like this but, on this raining day, I found something to occupy my time...lol
Thanks.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1973501926[1].jpg
    Snapchat-1973501926[1].jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 64

Ubbe

Check if the static follows the audio level by quickly changing the volume down to zero while the BT are still transmitting. Are there still static in the background?

Do you have that extra grounding piece stuck between the inner frame and the lid, then push on lid and check if it that infamous grounding issue that cause the static, especially if it sounds more like a high speed computer datasignal.

/Ubbe

donc13

Premium Subscriber
I used to have the same problem with my SDS200. I installed a ground loop eliminator... Problem gone.

On Amazon,

BESIGN Ground Loop Isolator. $9.99

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
I use these two for wireless audio use of my scanners and have notice that when using the setup with the SDS100 I get clear audio but, when I use the setup with my SDS200 I get clear radio traffic with what sounds like lite static during the transmission of the audio. Is there something in the SDS200 settings I might need to change? I normally don't use the 200 like this but, on this raining day, I found something to occupy my time...lol
Thanks.

Which audio jack are you plugged into on the 200?

richardbritt

Database Admin
What's the manufacturer and model of the bt device? I assume that's a amplified speaker. Or do you have a link to Amazon etc where it can be bought? I am using a bcd436hp and it's hard to hear when driving my pickup. No Bluetooth radio in the truck. My car I just use the external audio input in the car radio.

Regards Richard

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
What’s a compatable transmitter for the 39g? (I see the 39g but isn’t that just half of the setup? Doesn’t it need a transmitter… what you plug into the 200?