SDS100/200 How to memorize a system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve2150

I have both the SDS100 and 200 and have a favorite system I like to monitor. But when scanning all available I have a hard time stopping on it when nothing is broadcast on it. Is there a way to put it as a favorite. Thanks.

Ubbe

If you use Sentinel to read a scanner and then edit the database, you search for that favorite system and then right click on it an select "Append to favorite list". You can then edit that favorite list and add quick keys at different levels and add delays to TG's and anything else you would like to change.

/Ubbe

lbashaw

Comment to new programming software users...I like to "experiment" and practice creating and entering new "favorites". I encourage folks to do the same and you will gradually learn the system "ins and outs". As far as I know, you will cannot damage the scanner by use of prgramming software.

But, be sure to use the "save as"command each time. That way, if something new goes into "undesirable" status, you can always go back and re-load previous favorite saves. While you're being creative, keep a notepad and pen nearby & make notes of what you did.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I have both the SDS100 and 200 and have a favorite system I like to monitor. But when scanning all available I have a hard time stopping on it when nothing is broadcast on it. Is there a way to put it as a favorite. Thanks.

Are you monitoring this system as part of the full database, or have you created a Favorites List with this system in it?

The Favorites List method would be the best. There are many Youtube videos on how to use Sentinel to create Favorites Lists, so I'd suggest a visit there.

Once you get that going, you could use a Number tag system to rapidly access a given channel which would be within the system of interest.

Steve2150

Monitoring the full database using zip code. Want to save the P25 police channel as when scanning if not broadcasting that second it is hard to stop on it. With my old time scanners was easy to save.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You may want to learn how to create a Favorites List using Sentinel. See
It was one of the late Upman's last videos before he left us way too soon.

Then you would want to assign Number Tags to the Favorites List, System and Channel of interest. When you want to "jump" to that channel, the following is the process.

1. Press Channel (to Hold/stop scanning)
2. Press 1.1.1 (the "address" of the desired channel)
3. Press Channel again (to finish the "jump" process)

Yeah these new fangled scanners can be a bear to learn. If they would just stop making radio systems more complex and us scanner users could stop asking for more and more special features, life would stay as simple as it is.

And once I get scanners straightened out, I'm on to smart phones, cameras and televisions. Stuff has gotten so complicated and my grandkids don't live as close as they did to help me get through all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.