SDS100/200

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

Been looking at these two scanners, it looks like it needs third party software and paid upgrades in order to use the full list of modes supported by these scanners. Are these software/upgrades available ? what's the price ? there seems to be a gap between what it can do and what it actually does.

Thanks

Been looking at these two scanners, it looks like it needs third party software and paid upgrades in order to use the full list of modes
The upgrades are only needed if you have the pertinent system types in your area.

They're cheaper directly from Uniden.

They don't need any other Paid Software. It's included.

RBMTS

Database updates are free and updated weekly. Uniden’s Sentinel software is free. If you don’t need DMR, NXDN, or Provoice then there is no other expense.

tvengr

Well Known Member
The SDS100 and SDS200 can be programmed using Sentinel, which is free software provided by Uniden. If you want the DMR or NXDN paid upgrades, you can order the keys from Uniden and do it yourself at any time. The upgrades already reside in the firmware. You just need the keys to enable them. I don't recommend getting the ProVoice upgrade. ProVoice is no longer supported and most users are changing to P25 systems. Unless there are DMR or NXDN systems you want to monitor, there is no reason to obtain the upgrades. Most systems are P25 which the SDS scanners receive OK without any upgrades.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
So all the software is in the unit, you only need to buy the "upgrade key" if necessary ?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
You can bring the scanner up and be scanning in minutes by using your zip code. I igonored that ability and went straight to programming Favorites. It was a lot of work but totally worth it to me so I can control channel alpha tags and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.