SDS100 and and 536 HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0wla

I live 2 blocks from a cell tower and my 536 is deaf to P25. Travel 3 blocks down the road and it works fine. Bought a SDS100 and it works at home and anywhere I take it. Its frustrating that Im not able to use the 536 at home.......but thats life at the moment!

celbaseman

Feed Provider
I have issues with receiving the San Diego 800 system at my house due to a cell site being within a block of my house. I do not have problems with receiving the P25 system. For the city 800 system I have installed a beam antenna pointed towards Black Mountain to increase my signal to noise -- helps greatly.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I feel your pain...my station has a cell phone tower (AT&T+Verizon) on top of our assignment desk! At my home, I installed a tiny cookie cutter 4G LTE stamped metal Wilson cell phone yagi, bolted to a 2" black PVC pipe that is nestled over a NMO puck on top of a magnet mount on top of something else. Works great to fight cell antennas that are not right on top of you.

Paul

I have issues with receiving the San Diego 800 system at my house due to a cell site being within a block of my house. I do not have problems with receiving the P25 system. For the city 800 system I have installed a beam antenna pointed towards Black Mountain to increase my signal to noise -- helps greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.