SDS100 and DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrappy212

I upgraded to DMR and loaded the DMR code. I thought it was accepted but for some reason I do NOT pick up any DMR audio. When I come across a DMR freq, the scanner will display the CC and what type of DMR it is. No audio though. Am I doing something wrong?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I upgraded to DMR and loaded the DMR code. I thought it was accepted but for some reason I do NOT pick up any DMR audio. When I come across a DMR freq, the scanner will display the CC and what type of DMR it is. No audio though. Am I doing something wrong?

Sounds like you have it in conventional search mode and found a MotoTRBO "rest channel". Do you see Cap+ on the display? If so, it's one of the frequencies in a MotoTRBO trunking system and must be programmed accordingly.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
To clarify, a MotoTRBO rest channel broadcasts a burst of data every second or so that the scanner can pick up and identify, but isn't a voice transmission. It's something like a P25 control channel, but it rotates through each site frequency with every transmission, and each burst only lasts 1/10 second or so.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
To clarify, a MotoTRBO rest channel broadcasts a burst of data every second or so that the scanner can pick up and identify, but isn't a voice transmission. It's something like a P25 control channel, but it rotates through each site frequency with every transmission, and each burst only lasts 1/10 second or so.

Based on the description, I think that's what the OP is seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.