SDS100 and SDS200 Discount/Sale Pricing on Brand-New Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

trp2525

I didn't see this posted anywhere else on RR so I figured I would pass this along for any prospective owners of the SDS100 or SDS200 scanners. I just noticed on eBay that eBay seller Bearcat Scanners is selling the SDS100 for $599.99 (normally seen advertised everywhere for $649.99) and the SDS200 for $639.99 (normally seen advertised everywhere for $699.99). Those prices also include FREE USPS Priority Mail shipping. FYI Bearcat Scanners (located in Elkridge, Maryland USA) has been on eBay since 2011 and currently has a 100% positive feedback rating with a current total of 564 transactions on eBay.

The SDS100 listing for $599.99 currently shows "More than 10 available / 6 sold" and here is the direct link: Uniden SDS100 Digital APCO Deluxe Trunking Handheld Scanner 50633650806 | eBay

The SDS200 listing for $639.99 currently shows "More than 10 available / 4 sold" and here is the direct link: Uniden SDS200 Digital Police Scanner | eBay

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
Agreed. When Uniden finds out the price will go back to normal.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Would Uniden honor this device for warranty repair?

-JR
I would certainly hope so, no need to punish the consumer for the vendor violating policy with the manufacturer.

If someone bought the radio as a gift for you and paid the lower price and then gave you the gift unbeknownst to you that it was bought for the price it was you would not be penalized. I do wonder what the vendors return policy is.

I'm just guessing, maybe somebody knows the answer.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Return policy

After receiving the item, contact seller within

Refund will be given as

Return shipping

30 days

Money back

Buyer pays for return shipping

Refer to eBay Return policy for more details. You are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee if you receive an item that is not as described in the listing.

Xbullworker

The vendors return policy is right on the ebay listing website. 30 days return, buyer pays return shipping. Ebay also gives a return policy. All you have to do is click on the link from the OP and actually read the listing....

Peerlessk

If you have $639.99 wouldn’t it be a piece of mind buying one from a legit dealer that hasn’t broken the threshold ? To me I would pay the extra $60 . thats just me and my two cents. Things to consider . Are they new ? Are they refurbished ?

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Those are the questions I am asking myself. If it had said bearcatwarehouse I would have already pushed the button. Just uncomfortable given a refurbished one on Amazon is only $20 less. Description did say NIB.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I would certainly hope so, no need to punish the consumer for the vendor violating policy with the manufacturer.

If someone bought the radio as a gift for you and paid the lower price and then gave you the gift unbeknownst to you that it was bought for the price it was you would not be penalized. I do wonder what the vendors return policy is.

I'm just guessing, maybe somebody knows the answer.
I don't recall the specific thread, nor UPMan's exact verbiage, but Paul had said they frowned on sales on eBay from a non-authorized vendor.

The computer ASP that I worked for before retirement used to service HP's consumer level PCs, such as the Pavilion, in addition to the machines and servers tailored for business users. We had trouble with warranty verification on some units. HPs system showed a unit as expired- The unit had been registered previously & was expired now, or, if never registered, based on build date (if not registered). On a number if these, when warranty coverage was denied, the PCs owner would produce an eBay sales order, showing that he (or she) had purchased the PC recently. But as there was no way to tell if that indeed was the original purchase date, or the resell date. Without a solid way to determine that the eBay purchase was the valid, first, sale to an end user, warranty was declined.

Peerlessk

Those are the questions I am asking myself. If it had said bearcatwarehouse I would have already pushed the button. Just uncomfortable given a refurbished one on Amazon is only $20 less. Description did say NIB.
I like to save money also . But in this situation given you may get a unit that has the hum or lights are to dim etc . The warranty comes in to play . Keep in mind if you get a new unit eBay doesn’t mean it’s still under warranty because they may have bought the first run of unit that may have only limited time or no warranty at all left on the unit .

cjvail13

All it's being shipped from ACL distributors, which is an authorized dealer. So I would not worry about the warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.