SDS100 and Sentinel updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jburgess

Premium Subscriber
Has there been any updates to Sentinel or the SDS100 lately or will there be anymore updates? Seems like it has been way to long since an update came out. Sentinel I have BCDx36HP version 2.02 (revision 01). My SDS100 firmware version is as follows:

Main: Version 1.10.00
Sub : Version 1.02.01

I just tried to do update using sentinel and it said scanner is up to date.

After doing research I am seeing last updates are dated as follows:

BCD436HP 4/20/19
SDS100 4/15/19
Sentinel 3/8/19?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn’t worry about updates until after the pandemic let’s people get back to work. Granted, they might be working from home but there’s no guarantee updates will be what they work on... priorities probably put updates way down on that list!

Ubbe

They are contuniously updating the firmware but only minor cosmetic things that don't really have the need to be put on Unidens upgrade server, as people have reported different firmware versions in newer batches. I think the 1.01.06 are the latest. If people with problems continue to send emails to Uniden and describe in detail how to produce the problem, then I'm sure that in due time there will come an official firmware upgrade. But if no one reports problems to them, then how would Uniden know that they need to make a fix?

/Ubbe

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Probably putting too fine of a point on this. . .

"Sentinel" is Uniden's software for updating the master database for the x36/SDS line of scanners. It is also used as the platform to update the firmware inside these scanners, along with writing Favorites Lists for the scanners.

Sentinel itself has been revised very few times, the last major revision was to accommodate the SDS line of scanners.

The firmware in scanners has been updated a little more frequently. Usually scanner firmware upgrades are issued to address bugs found by users. As you might expect even though new scanners go through a couple of pre-release testing, there are still bugs to be resolved once they get into the "hands of the masses". As time goes along, the bugs get worked through and the firmware updates become fewer and far between.

So with that in mind and given the x36 line of scanners is "maturing" and the SDS line is getting into their prime, firmware updates might become infrequent. A good clue is seeing a number of people reporting the same bugs/issues - firmware updates are likely to follow. Not many of those things have been reported for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.