SDS100 Backlight Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to the SDS100, So be kind I'm learning. The Backlight wont activate while scanning except when there is radio chatter and then the display comes on , then goes out at the end of the transmission and the blue/white LED starts blinking every 10sec or so. So I see in the Menu options /Display options/Backlight options/Flash w/backlight/on /off option. Well its set for off but doesn't leave the screen backlight on all of the time ,( like I want). What am I missing ? Thank you , Al

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Menu > Display Options > Backlight Options > Set Timer > Squelch > Off

Also, when you get to the Key Press option,which is right underneath the Squelch option,you want to go into that menu and choose Infinite.

I think these two changes are where you control the backlight so that it does not turn off and does not time out. If you turn it on it will stay on until you press the key to turn it off. I leave mine on all the time.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
This is the setup I use...

When you power on the scanner, the display backlight will stay on...
Tap the power button once, and it will go into the backlight on with squelch open, and backlight off when it closes...

Tap any key and the backlight will come on and stay on until you tap the power button again for squelch mode...
The "Flash w/Backlight Off" setting will flash the alert LED white about every 5 sec when in squelch on/off mode to let you
know the radio is on since you cant tell when the display backlight is off...

The screen shot is from Sentinel "Edit Profile" - "Display Options" tab...
It will function this way running on it's battery power or USB power...
Backlight.jpg

Last edited:

Also, when you get to the Key Press option,which is right underneath the Squelch option,you want to go into that menu and choose Infinite.

I think these two changes are where you control the backlight so that it does not turn off and does not time out. If you turn it on it will stay on until you press the key to turn it off. I leave mine on all the time.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Worked perfectly...thank you for your help,
Al

This is the setup I use...

When you power on the scanner, the display backlight will stay on...
Tap the power button once, and it will go into the backlight on with squelch open, and backlight off when it closes...

Tap any key and the backlight will come on and stay on until you tap the power button again for squelch mode...
The "Flash w/Backlight Off" setting will flash the alert LED white about every 5 sec when in squelch on/off mode to let you
know the radio is on since you cant tell when the display backlight is off...

The screen shot is from Sentinel "Edit Profile" - "Display Options" tab...
It will function this way running on it's battery power or USB power...
View attachment 93356
Thank You for your help !
Best,
Al

Brian (COMMSCAN)

Thank You !
Best Regards,
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.