SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 barely receiving anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Need RSSI, noise, and D-error (not applicable to analog) numbers, and more specific info on antennas you've tried.

When trying filters, the one with the lowest noise number will usually be the best.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
No Problem just note what the signal bar is showing.
Also you could also add RSSI in detailed conventional and trunk and look at the signal numbers and report back.
Need RSSI, noise, and D-error (not applicable to analog) numbers, and more specific info on antennas you've tried.

When trying filters, the one with the lowest noise number will usually be the best.
Yep, as I had said... that's why you apply filters directly to the radio so you can see real-time results of these readings. While you are adding items to your display you can also add the filter indicator which will help you to keep track as you sample.

Hi - the OP is back and ready to conclude that my problem was a defective radio.

I did the radio tests suggested, with limited success. RSSI improved slightly upon changing the filters, but still couldn’t hear the same stations my R30 picks up clearly.

Logical next step, try another SDS100....so I got my hands on one, and in the same backyard spot it’s wiping the floor with my original radio. Just inside at my kitchen table it’s still picking up signals 10-20 miles away in NJ and CT. Still not nearly as good as the R30 on airband, and I don’t live in the world’s best listening area, but I’m starting to feel a lot less crazy. Sending the SDS100 back for repair and looking forward to seeing what it can do.

Thanks for everyone who volunteered suggestions. I really appreciate the help eliminating all the possibilities.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Hi - the OP is back and ready to conclude that my problem was a defective radio.

I did the radio tests suggested, with limited success. RSSI improved slightly upon changing the filters, but still couldn’t hear the same stations my R30 picks up clearly.

Logical next step, try another SDS100....so I got my hands on one, and in the same backyard spot it’s wiping the floor with my original radio. Just inside at my kitchen table it’s still picking up signals 10-20 miles away in NJ and CT. Still not nearly as good as the R30 on airband, and I don’t live in the world’s best listening area, but I’m starting to feel a lot less crazy. Sending the SDS100 back for repair and looking forward to seeing what it can do.

Thanks for everyone who volunteered suggestions. I really appreciate the help eliminating all the possibilities.
Wow! Budd and Jon are the CSJ experts. Sorry you have the issue Josh but at least you're able to nail it down here on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.