SDS100 battery case (not cover)

kh11

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know of a case to carry a spare SDS100 battery (mainly to cover the terminals while traveling)? Maybe an STL file? Going to be flying with mine and like to make sure the battery is protected. Thanks.

srpawski

Premium Subscriber
Not for what you are looking for, but I’ll tell you did with my two spare batteries for just that purpose as well. I found a very cheap plastic case with foam pluck interior for $20 from Amazon to store both of my extra batteries, both external chargers, and a quart-sized zip-lock bag full of extra charging cables specific to both of my SDS 100s and SDS 200s. The pluck foam recesses the batteries and chargers flush and the bag lays nicely on top and is not too thick that it don’t sandwich between the foam and the case closes perfectly.

JvdK

When travelling I always carry my rechargable batteries/accu packs, wrapped in bubble plastic, in a small hard plastic Tupperware box. You definitely want li-on batteries/accu packs protected against hard inpacts, especially when flying.

li-on batteries/accu packs have a nasty habit of getting on fire after a hard inpact (or fall)! Once on fire they are hard to extinguish. You can find some interesting video’s of burning li-on batteries on YouTube…