SDS100 battery door clip apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
My apologies to all those who experienced broken battery door clips on the SDS100 and reported same here. Up until a couple of days ago I thought the clips were breaking due to rough handling, regardless of any denials. I was of the opinion broken clip reports were not all that fourth-coming, that rough handling was involved. I thought the stock clip would last forever if handled properly. I mean, after all, Uniden would never rush to market a product that hadn’t been thoroughly tested, would they? I made sure I applied a gentile pressure against the cover before I attached or unattached the retention clip every time, without fail, and up until a couple of days ago, I believed the cause of the broken clips had everything to do with rough handling. I was wrong. I offer my apologies to all. I never admonished any post that reported their broken clip online, but I was thinking it. I was wrong and admit it. In my case, my stock clip gave up the ghost just sitting there. If it weren’t for the hard leather case I got from Scanner Master I could have lost the battery and cover when the clip gave way! Instead, the case kept the cover on the battery and in doing so, applied pressure against the battery, pushing it against the electrical connections, which kept the scanner from loosing power until I could replace the defective clip with a new one. I could have used a type of paper clip that works as a permanent replacement but I already had the @jonwienke offering. It’s only been in use for 3 days but since it’s a stronger version of the stock offering... no worries! Again, sorry for doubting you guys.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I remember when it happened to just a few people in the beginning and they were browbeaten and chastised for deliberately breaking the radio. I don't remember who did it and it wasn't long before they were just coming apart in people's hands LOL. There is a lengthy thread on the topic now.

I remember when it happened to me, and by the way I charge the battery in the radio and rarely took the cover off and when I did I was very careful to apply pressure to the battery cover and carefully use the clip. One day I went to just pick up my radio and I noticed it was in pieces in my hands and it had broken where the plastic is paper thin LOL.

I knew I was never going to sell this particular radio and I just carefully and neatly repaired it with Gorilla Tape and moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.