SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 changed to pulsing static over time

Status
Not open for further replies.

MH82

Hello all, I am having trouble with my sds100. I do not know what is going on with it so I hope I can get some help here. In my county we have mostly analog channels with two of the police channels digital. I have always had trouble pulling in the digital channels with extremely spotty reception, cutting in and out, and receiving the transmissions half way through them. This even happened outside, while I was in feet off the squad car transmitting, as well as with me parked in our eoc parking lot, feet from the tower. But that is not the concern now. It seems about a week ago, one of the analog channels started to only produce static, a repeating static, occasionally. One day it would be ok, the next it wouldn’t. I could think of no settings I had changed prior to this. Fast forward and all the analog channels began that yesterday. Even the weather channel would do nothing but have that static like a record player at the end of a record is about the best way I can describe that. Today, I did a user settings reset, with no change, and then I did the clear user data. Manual reprogramming of the analog channels produces the same static, no matter the squelch. The weather channels are the same. I have not received anything on the one digital channel I programmed, but their is no pulsing static on that. When I did a gps location, just to see, it’s took about 45 mins, and didn’t locate me. The scanner has been well cared for, and like I said, apart from trying different squelch on channels, a can think of no other things I did to start the pulsing static on the analog channels. As of right now, with a data reset, there is nothing but pulsating static I am receiving. Thank you for any help.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I don’t know what that is but it doesn’t sound good.
Very long thread about that here:

Status
Not open for further replies.