SDS100 custom search/discovery & DMR question

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
So I finally took the plunge and ordered a SDS100, it should be coming in a few days. I have a fairly basic question about custom search and discovery.

When you're running the custom search and/or discovery feature and it lands on a DMR/NXDN frequency, does the SDS display any system info (i.e. Color code or RAN, system type etc) when the frequency is only broadcasting periodic data bursts (i.e. that DSDPlus would display), or alternatively does it only display system info for voice grants?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

-Nate

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
It will display what it picks up during the chirps.
Thanks, that's good to know! I have a laptop with DSDPlus, but it would be cool if I could get some of the same info from the SDS and not have to drag around a laptop every time I want to discover info about an unknown DMR/NXDN system/frequency.

Ubbe

I use DSDplus when mapping out new systems as the scanner shows very little info and usually not enough to be able to program a system. I need all the detailed data from DSDplus to be able to figure out how a system are setup and how to program a scanner.

/Ubbe

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE: I've been playing with the SDS for a few hours, so far I love it. When I run a custom search, the SDS will show System Type and Color Code information for a DMR freq that is only broadcasting data bursts. However, when a custom search hits on a NXDN frequency that is only broadcasting data bursts, it appears only the system type, but not the RAN, is displayed.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
I've added that issue to the list. (RAN not shown in search)

Status
Not open for further replies.