SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Firmware 1.02.05a for Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
I can't copy and paste the beta firmware in my SDS100's firmware file.

On my computer, the beta firmware is opening as a ".bin" file in some kind of "pictures" section in Microsoft Office. I thought I might try copying or cutting and pasting the file to the desktop first, but I decided it would probably be better to seek help from more experienced people.

I'm a little more computer literate than I used to be, but I'm not sure how to get out of this dead-end.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Johnnie

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber

On my computer, the beta firmware is opening as a ".bin" file in some kind of "pictures" section in Microsoft Office. I thought I might try copying or cutting and pasting the file to the desktop first, but I decided it would probably be better to seek help from more experienced people.

I'm a little more computer literate than I used to be, but I'm not sure how to get out of this dead-end.

Thanks!

-Johnnie
Download to desktop, then drag into firmware folder. That's what I did

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Drumbum

W

Thanks!

-Johnnie
When you plug radio in and and you set to read write, the drive should show just copy paste in the firmware folder , eject from PC , reboot

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Save the file, don't try to open it. Copy and paste the file directly to the scanner firmware folder.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all!

Saving the file, instead of opening it, seems to have done the trick.

I'm loving this radio (so far), despite some issues (the recessed antenna connection, for example). I'll try to contribute something useful to the likes/dislikes thread once I've had a chance to more thoroughly put it through its paces.

I'd have bought this radio for its LSM performance even if Uniden had decided to house it in a milk carton!

Thanks again.

-Johnnie

SMBaugh2

Thanks to all!

Saving the file, instead of opening it, seems to have done the trick.

I'm loving this radio (so far), despite some issues (the recessed antenna connection, for example). I'll try to contribute something useful to the likes/dislikes thread once I've had a chance to more thoroughly put it through its paces.

I'd have bought this radio for its LSM performance even if Uniden had decided to house it in a milk carton!

Thanks again.

-Johnnie
Exactly right on I was not sure either on how to do it either and with everyones imput it work like a charm.

mharris

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how to revert back to stock FW? Sentinel doesn't do it, it thinks the scanner already has the latest.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how to revert back to stock FW? Sentinel doesn't do it, it thinks the scanner already has the latest.

That’s a great question, my guess, is reset it to factory, then plug it in to PC, and then write your rewrite your saved file to scanner, i would think that would work..maybe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
to go back. you need to have saved the older FW file. then drag it back into the radios fw folder.
If you don't save the old fw file prior to uprading; then you can't go back.
unless you can get someone to share theirs, or find it posted online.

current public FW: SDS-100_V1_02_03.bin
beta FW: SDS-100_V1_02_05a.bin

A factory reset will not revert fw versions.

Drumbum

I havent looked but shouldn't it still be in,the folder since its named a different unique name
to go back. you need to have saved the older FW file. then drag it back into the radios fw folder.
If you don't save the old fw file prior to uprading; then you can't go back.
unless you can get someone to share theirs, or find it posted online.

current public FW: SDS-100_V1_02_03.bin
beta FW: SDS-100_V1_02_05a.bin

A factory reset will not revert fw versions.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
when you upgrade, the last version is deleted. you need to save it before upgrading..

should be in this directory:

C:\ProgramData\Uniden\BCDx36HP_Sentinel\Updater

Drumbum

Ok,,its working better than the previous, I staying at this firmware,,maybe my earlier post will be read with a response from Upman

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I did upgrade to the Beta.
I see the SDS-100_V1_02_03.bin still in the Uniden folder. So if you manually copy it to the FW folder in the radio, you can go back. (Until a new public release is available)

N6ML

If you have a spare microSD card, you could format it, then use Sentinel to "Clear User Data" on it, then "Update Firmware" will get you the production version......

tkowalik

Banned
I'm able to copy the firmware file to the scanner but when I reboot, it starts to install it but then gives an error "Firmware checksum failure on SD Card. Press Power Key."

Fidgety9996

jfr454: Without a log file there is nothing we can do with your report.
upman can i PM the report to you? not everyone want to expose all the details that are in it.

i did side by side bcd436HP (fixed board) and SDS100 comparison with beta firmware , the same favorite list, hold on system with one site. Repeatedly SDS100 did not catch some calls. Got the debug log.440-470MHz band EDACS wide.

Hit_Factor

I'm able to copy the firmware file to the scanner but when I reboot, it starts to install it but then gives an error "Firmware checksum failure on SD Card. Press Power Key."

Copy error or file system error, probably has nothing to do with the SDS100 other than it is the target device.

Delete file, download and try again. If that doesn't work try another SD card. You might have to use the clear user data option in sentinel to setup the folders on the SD card. If you don't have another card use the clear user data on your existing card. You may need to reformat your SD card.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.