SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Firmware 1.04.01M/1.01.05S Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/PartnerWeb/SDS100-Beta/SDS-100_V1_04_01M_V1.01.05S.zip

To apply this public beta, unzip the above file and put the two files in the scanner's firmware directory then reboot the scanner. Note that the sub-processor version did not change for this beta...it is included here for those who may not have applied the previous beta.

Release Notes:
1. Modified squelch control and fixed the issue of squelch tail in conventional/analog search
2. Modified tracking on P25 trunked system
3. Fixed missing of initial capture for Unit ID name
4. Fixed the issue of displaying for ignored NAC

Regarding Site NAC Operation:

You can select (use or ignore) Site NAC of P25 Trunked Systems (including P25 OFT) in RRDB and Favorites Lists. When we added NAC support, we did not anticipate that the NAC would be incorrect in RRDB for many sites. This has caused many reports that the scanner stopped working with the new firmware (it was actually working correctly and rejecting the site traffic with the "incorrect" NAC). So, we've added an option to ignore the programmed NAC.

MENU-->Settings-->Site NAC Operation

When you set to ignore, the scanner will pass all traffic, even if the programmed NAC does not match the received NAC. If the NAC does not match, the CTCSS/DCS/NAC field in the display will show "NAC:xxxh xxxh" (Display two NACs simultaneously.)

The first xxxh is the incorrect (dB setting) NAC, and the 2nd xxxh flashes the received NAC.

We hope that this will help to facilitate getting corrected information into RRDB.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD.

If you have a question, use either an existing other topic or create a new one. Keep this thread reserved for actual performance reports and test results.

If you see an operational issue that you wish to report, use the following format:

1) Clearly describe the issue.
2) Link to the specific system exhibiting the issue.
3) Report the RSSI, NOISE, and D-Error values (if applicable).
4) Attach a log file taken while the issue occurs.

To make a log file:

a) Isolate your scan list to the bare minimum needed to demonstrate the issue.
b) Hold AVOID while powering on the scanner.
c) MENU --> SETTINGS --> SET Debug Log Mode --> SD Card (File)
d) Let the scanner scan long enough to catch the issue.
e) MENU --> SETTINGS --> SET Debug Log Mode --> Off

The resulting log is in the scanner's debug folder.

It can also be helpful for you to post the HPE file of the Favorites List you used to create the log. Export the FL in Sentinel and add it to your report.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
UID Initial Capture

Early report is this issue has been resolved. UID's being captured on all radio key-ups.

P25 Phase 1 Simulcast reception is improved.

Squelch tail on my conventional systems appear to be resolved.

NAC"s are correctly set, but will keep this in mind for future system programming.

**I forgot to add that as well. Monitoring Illinois Starcom 21, CPD analog, Diga-Talk, CPD 800 Mhz. Trunking, Midway Airport's 800 Mhz Trunking System.**

Thank you UPMan and the engineers!

Last edited:

K9JLR

In monitoring the Illinois STATCOM21 P25 system, thus far, all UIDs are being captured during normal scanning.

I've heard several conventional (analog) transmissions and would concur that the squelch trail issue appears to be resolved.

SCPD

QRT
SDS100 Firmware 1.04.01M/1.01.05S Open Beta working great for Los Angeles LAPD and AM Aircraft
Thank you

Last edited:

ScanKent

Premium Subscriber
Unable to receive/track EDACS system

Tested with 1.04.01 Main / 1.01.05 Sub. Still not tracking. FL location control is set to "No". I've been using ID Search mode most of the time, however, I've tried ID Scan as well with no luck. LCN 1 is the control channel for this log so you see 2-6 for voice.

Thanks for your time.

Quote from previous thread:

According to the logs, the scanner receives the control channel, and has decoded ID 291.
As I wrote before, for some reason the scanner seems to be unable to move to the voice channels.

There are 5 LCNs (1, 2, 4, 5, 6) in the logs.
Please try using:
ID Search mode
Location Control disabled
Please check the above.
For better help, tell us specifically what you are trying to scan.

Attachments

• LogFileConsumers20180717.zip
    59.2 KB · Views: 11
  • FL 2_ Consumers.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

KF9L

Premium Subscriber
The stuttering/analog squelch tail has been resolved. so far for everything else at this time no issues i have seen yet. Everything seems to be working good so far.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Much Much Better

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

KF9L

Premium Subscriber
again I have to say for the most post everything is operating much better and the analog squelch tail issue is fixed. There is one thing that is bothering me though and i would make a log but i dont know when the issue is going to happen and the log may be 30 minutes long for all i know. I will try and explain whats going on though. I never noticed this issue in the previous beta but for some reason i am getting a fair amount of missed comms & dropped comms at various times. Sometimes i will only get one side of the transmission.

For instance several times today all i heard was just the dispatch acknowledging the unit and thats it. There was no other transmissions before this one to make me miss the communication either and i was only using 1 tower site. These problems happens both on p25 phase 2 and i have noticed similar issue on analog too. Anyway i will try to get a log recorded. I just wanted to post this for anyone else that may have noticed this or even confirmed it thats all. again i will try to get a log but hard to because hard to predict when its going to do it.

Dean

Badboy536

This is the best firmware version yet. But with that being said the recieve sitting side by side with my 396xt both using the same antenna listening to LAPD and analog frequencies the 396xt will stop on a lot more LAPD divisions then the sds100 will. To me it seems like a recieve Sensitivity Issue. I went though the same thing with the 436hp .but they fixed the recieve issue on the 436hp and its just as good as the 396xt now in the recieve department. Im hoping the sds100 will reach to the same receive as the 436hp and the 396hp. Bexause as of niw the sds100 will just pass LAPD divisions that both the 436 and the 396xt will stop on.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
This is the best firmware version yet. But with that being said the recieve sitting side by side with my 396xt both using the same antenna listening to LAPD and analog frequencies the 396xt will stop on a lot more LAPD divisions then the sds100 will. To me it seems like a recieve Sensitivity Issue. I went though the same thing with the 436hp .but they fixed the recieve issue on the 436hp and its just as good as the 396xt now in the recieve department. Im hoping the sds100 will reach to the same receive as the 436hp and the 396hp. Bexause as of niw the sds100 will just pass LAPD divisions that both the 436 and the 396xt will stop on.

Get a debug file together so UPMan can diagnose what you're seeing and send it to the engineers for future firmware upgrades?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
again I have to say for the most post everything is operating much better and the analog squelch tail issue is fixed. There is one thing that is bothering me though and i would make a log but i dont know when the issue is going to happen and the log may be 30 minutes long for all i know. I will try and explain whats going on though. I never noticed this issue in the previous beta but for some reason i am getting a fair amount of missed comms & dropped comms at various times. Sometimes i will only get one side of the transmission.

For instance several times today all i heard was just the dispatch acknowledging the unit and thats it. There was no other transmissions before this one to make me miss the communication either and i was only using 1 tower site. These problems happens both on p25 phase 2 and i have noticed similar issue on analog too. Anyway i will try to get a log recorded. I just wanted to post this for anyone else that may have noticed this or even confirmed it thats all. again i will try to get a log but hard to because hard to predict when its going to do it.

Dean

I had that happen in Billings MT turns out dispatch was in the clear but the unit radios are Encrypted you won’t see it unless you hold the site and Talkgroup it’s also possible not all the units have encryption turned on or they just get a bug in their rear and turn it on

Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

KF9L

Premium Subscriber
These were not encrypted talk groups and neither we're the units. I was locked on too 1 tower only and still does it so something still is just not right some where. Its hard to get a log with just what's needed because I could be monitoring for a long time but I actually reverted back to a earlier beta before the last one and I don't have the issue. I know it will eventually get fixed but I don't know how to effectively do the logging to capture what's needed on this. Does logging only collect data when a transmission is occurring or all the time no matter what? I just dont want to submit a 1 hour long unnecessary log if all thats needed is something short but its hard to time the error when you dont know when its going to happen

Last edited:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
These were not encrypted talk groups and neither we're the units. I was locked on too 1 tower only and still does it so something still is just not right some where. Its hard to get a log with just what's needed because I could be monitoring for a long time but I actually reverted back to a earlier beta before the last one and I don't have the issue. I know it will eventually get fixed but I don't know how to effectively do the logging to capture what's needed on this. Does logging only collect data when a transmission is occurring or all the time no matter what?

Read Post 1

KF9L

Premium Subscriber
read my question.....i didnt ask how to do the log i said i didnt know how to do it effectively and asked if it only records when a transmission occurs or records data all the time no matter if anything is occurring or not. I dont want to submit a whole bunch of unnecessary data is what i am trying to get at

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
These were not encrypted talk groups and neither we're the units. I was locked on too 1 tower only and still does it so something still is just not right some where. Its hard to get a log with just what's needed because I could be monitoring for a long time but I actually reverted back to a earlier beta before the last one and I don't have the issue. I know it will eventually get fixed but I don't know how to effectively do the logging to capture what's needed on this. Does logging only collect data when a transmission is occurring or all the time no matter what? I just dont want to submit a 1 hour long unnecessary log if all thats needed is something short but its hard to time the error when you dont know when its going to happen

Another alternative for a big log is Dropbox, a log would help everyone if there is an issue

Just upload to Dropbox, create a link and share it

Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

KF9L

Premium Subscriber
Okay that's what I will do sorry for some unnecessary post I just want to do this right

code6

Premium Subscriber
How do I get the files to the scanners firmware directory from the computer ?
sorry for the dumb question,never done it this way before.

W4ELL

Feed Provider
How do I get the files to the scanners firmware directory from the computer ?
sorry for the dumb question,never done it this way before.

Plug the scanner into your computer and hit the (E yes) button on the scanner to enter Mass Storage mode.

Within a few seconds, the computer will mount the scanner as a removable drive and give it a drive letter.

Navigate to that drive letter... then to the BCDx36HP\firmware folder.

You can then drop the firmware file(s) into that folder.

After you get them in there, dismount the scanner and unplug it from the computer.

Here is a video I made a while back that shows you the steps. (It was made for the x36 scanners but the process is exactly the same for the SDS100)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1D8A8Jh4OQ&t=2s

Status
Not open for further replies.