SDS100 FOR CLARK COUNTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIERIKII

Looking for some advice with the sds100 for clark county washington, and some use in multnomah county oregon and wahkiakum county.
Had a scanner years ago but a lot has changed since then, so I just had a few questions. Looking to listen to CRESA,SHERIFF,FIRE,EMS,PUBLIC SAFETY ect...

Should I spend the extra money for any of these opotions? I was thinking DMR but would it be worth it in my area?
DMR Uniden Software Upgrade
[Add $75.00]
ProVoice EDACS Uniden Software Upgrade
[Add $75.00]
NXDN Uniden Software Upgrade
[Add $75.00]

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Should I spend the extra money for any of these opotions? I was thinking DMR but would it be worth it in my area?
[Add $75.00]
[Add $75.00]
[Add $75.00]

What ever you decide you may want for those upgrades (if any), don't pay those inflated prices from the dealer!

You can do the upgrades yourself at home, at any time, purchased directly from Uniden. You can purchase just 1, or any that you want, at any time. It only takes a few minutes to purchase the digital keys from Uniden and enter them through the menu system in the scanner to activate the upgrade options. A very simple and easy process that will save you a lot of money.

As of now, installing the upgrades yourself directly from Uniden costs:

DMR = $60
NXDN = $50
ProVoice = $49.99

If you should ever decide to go with all 3, you would save $65 over what that dealer is charging for the same exact thing.

IIERIKII

What ever you decide you may want for those upgrades (if any), don't pay those inflated prices from the dealer!

You can do the upgrades yourself at home, at any time, purchased directly from Uniden. You can purchase just 1, or any that you want, at any time. It only takes a few minutes to purchase the digital keys from Uniden and enter them through the menu system in the scanner to activate the upgrade options. A very simple and easy process that will save you a lot of money.

As of now, installing the upgrades yourself directly from Uniden costs:

DMR = $60
NXDN = $50
ProVoice = $49.99

If you should ever decide to go with all 3, you would save $65 over what that dealer is charging for the same exact thing.

Thanks for the tip! :)

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Looking for some advice with the sds100 for clark county washington, and some use in multnomah county oregon and wahkiakum county.
Had a scanner years ago but a lot has changed since then, so I just had a few questions. Looking to listen to CRESA,SHERIFF,FIRE,EMS,PUBLIC SAFETY ect...

[Add $75.00]
[Add $75.00]
[Add $75.00]
Hi. I have family in Clark county and visit all the time. You should realize that law enforcement there is now full time encrypted. Presently you can monitor all the other places you mentioned. The only place I've encountered in the area that uses NXDN is Woodburn, OR. If you monitor something other than police and fire, then an upgrade might make sense. But otherwise I'd say no.

IIERIKII

Hi. I have family in Clark county and visit all the time. You should realize that law enforcement there is now full time encrypted. Presently you can monitor all the other places you mentioned. The only place I've encountered in the area that uses NXDN is Woodburn, OR. If you monitor something other than police and fire, then an upgrade might make sense. But otherwise I'd say no.
Yeah the encryption thing is a bummer but it kind of makes sence for police protection. I just wish we would at least get the dispatcher side...and good to know about NXDN looks like Ill skip that. Thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.