sds100 getting none programmed tgids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconrider

I just noticed my sds100 is picking up TGIDs that are not programmed into my scanner. It's picked up i think two or three tgids that are not programmed.
Any reason why it's doing that?

ps: I'm new to the sds100 so I'm learning

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Wildcard? That is a GRE/ Whistler function. The way Uniden does it is while scanning 1 particular system you can scan programmed IDs or you can search for any active IDs on the system.

Right on the radio itself while scanning 1 particular system press function and toggle E. The display will show either scanning IDs which will be just the ones you programmed or searching IDs which is like the Wildcard function on the GRE radios.

Reconrider

Wildcard? That is a GRE/ Whistler function. The way Uniden does it is while scanning 1 particular system you can scan programmed IDs or you can search for any active IDs on the system.

Right on the radio itself while scanning 1 particular system press function and toggle E. The display will show either scanning IDs which will be just the ones you programmed or searching IDs which is like the Wildcard function on the GRE radios.
Oh awesome. I’ll take a look when I get off work. I’ll let you know how it works after I let it scan for awhile when I change settings to that.

Reconrider

I have 2 favorite lists that are on. one is my state trunk and the other is a list of stuff near me that I like to keep tabs on.

When the state trunk comes on, I'm hearing the bus transit even when it's not programmed. I pressed the fn + yes button but it only showed me what i was being currently scanned(the favorite list name)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I thought I got out of it. Do you mind helping me get out? I can't figure it out
From your descriptions, it sounds as if you have the same system programmed twice.

You have your "state system" in one Favorites list.
Then your 'local' items in a different one. But if some of them are actually on the state system, CLMRN, then you are scanning it twice.

When you get an unexpected talkgroup (such as the buses). look carefully at your display when scanning the system.
If you see ID Scan, then you would only hear the talkgroups programmed on that system.

But if, when it is scanning the "local" Favorites list, and, instead, you see ID Search, that's why you are hearing something not expected.

Side note, which may not apply:
If you have also done a Discovery Session, with Autostore active, you may have inadvertently saved those unwanted TGIDs to an autostore system.

Reconrider

From your descriptions, it sounds as if you have the same system programmed twice.

You have your "state system" in one Favorites list.
Then your 'local' items in a different one. But if some of them are actually on the state system, CLMRN, then you are scanning it twice.

When you get an unexpected talkgroup (such as the buses). look carefully at your display when scanning the system.
If you see ID Scan, then you would only hear the talkgroups programmed on that system.

But if, when it is scanning the "local" Favorites list, and, instead, you see ID Search, that's why you are hearing something not expected.

Side note, which may not apply:
If you have also done a Discovery Session, with Autostore active, you may have inadvertently saved those unwanted TGIDs to an autostore system.
I only have it done once. Sentinel had a glitch and changed everything around on me so I started all new. Let's see what happens this time

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yep so as I was saying this morning and as others are saying I think you are on ID search mode.

On your radio press the system button to hold on the one system you want to check. It should then be just scanning that one system. While in scan mode and you are only on that one system you want to check because you're holding on it press function then the E button... you can toggle back and forth and your display will read ID scanning or ID searching. You want to toggle it to ID scanning. It should then just receive the talk groups that you programmed. Hit the system button again so you are no longer holding on that system and scan away.

If that doesn't work I will leave you to the very capable hands of Doc and hiegtx.

Reconrider

Yep so as I was saying this morning and as others are saying I think you are on ID search mode.

On your radio press the system button to hold on the one system you want to check. It should then be just scanning that one system. While in scan mode and you are only on that one system you want to check because you're holding on it press function then the E button... you can toggle back and forth and your display will read ID scanning or ID searching. You want to toggle it to ID scanning. It should then just receive the talk groups that you programmed. Hit the system button again so you are no longer holding on that system and scan away.

If that doesn't work I will leave you to the very capable hands of Doc and hiegtx.
i was hitting function channel like an idiot. I reprogrammed it so it worked that way too. Thank you for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.