SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Internal Speaker Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ma8007

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone successfully replaced there speaker in there SDS 100 with a better speaker..There is a YouTube video of someone replacing there 436hp speaker with a speaker from a old Nextel phone.They claim the audio with the new speaker is substantially louder..I really wish the volume on the SDS was louder.
Thanks

usmiladim

Hello

just wondering if a external speaker can be used with the SDS100? I have a cheap hello microphone that I plug into my Yeasu ear jack that makes it much louder. Would this work with this radio?
Thank you

Milan

usmiladim

Hello

just wondering if a external speaker can be used with the SDS100? I have a cheap hello microphone that I plug into my Yeasu ear jack that makes it much louder. Would this work with this radio?
Thank you

Milan
I meant yellow external microphone. Sorry

blackbelter

Previously , I connected the Valor which is an amplified shoulder speaker/mic to my 436. The audio was incredibly loud , however per previous posts the speaker’s internal battery required charging often with no on/off switch . This pricey professional grade speaker /mic is made by Klien Electronics.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
Usually when a speaker is "louder" than the original, it means it is lower impedance which puts more strain on the audio amplifier.

It also means the speaker is likely being over-driven.

Neither bode well for longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.