SDS100 LCN finder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I am not sure what is going on with LCN finder but it seems not to work, I was trying to find the LCN for a DMR system that used to be an LTR system and it hasn’t been updated in radiorefence yet, I set up a name for the system, set up a site, set as MotoTrbo/DMR and then entered all the frequencies and set the LCN as 0, I then went to the analyze option and selected LCN finder, I input the system name and I get nothing but this message select system no system found matching your entry, did I miss a step or is there something I forgot to do? I haven’t used LCN find in a very long time any help would be appreciated Thanks

Saint

Premium Subscriber
The way I use it is make a favorite list of the system you want to LCN FIND or turn on the full data base and then you can pick the system you want to LCN Find.
Steve

Ubbe

It should turn up in the LCN finder. Instead of typing the name in the finder, just hit enter and all systems should come up. Scroll tru them and you'll probably find your system that way. You'll neeed to have the favorite list enabled in scan where you entered your new system.

/Ubbe

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, I am not sure what is going on with LCN finder but it seems not to work, I was trying to find the LCN for a DMR system that used to be an LTR system and it hasn’t been updated in radiorefence yet, I set up a name for the system, set up a site, set as MotoTrbo/DMR and then entered all the frequencies and set the LCN as 0, I then went to the analyze option and selected LCN finder, I input the system name and I get nothing but this message select system no system found matching your entry, did I miss a step or is there something I forgot to do? I haven’t used LCN find in a very long time any help would be appreciated Thanks
See if this video will help, just a quick video, not the best

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
scannerguy,

You created the system, system type DMR Trunked, either directly on the scanner, or in Sentinel, then downloaded it to your SDS100.
Gave the system a name, created a site, and added the frequencies. But when you tried to use the LCN Finder, the scanner is not finding the system.
Am I correct so far?

Did you also create a Department for the system?
(For the doubters, I just verified this behavior on my SDS100, and have seen similar scenarios on my x36HP scanners as well.)

What I've found is that the scanner does not "find" the system unless it also has a Department. Without a Department, the LCN Finder, System Analyzer, and the Discovery session options do not recognize the system. They treat it as if it does not exist. So, before trying to run the LCN Finder, edit your system and make sure it has a department as well as the Site. In the Department, add a "dummy" Talkgroup ID. I simply add TGID 1 as a placeholder. After doing that, you should see the system when trying to start the LCN process. I just use the Default Department and channel names (Department 0000 & Channel 0000). Once you successfully find the LCNs, then you can set the system to ID Search, then try to find and identify active talkgroups, then separate them out to various Departments however you want to.

Melv7956

Sorry to hijack your thread,I keep reading that if you abort the LCN finder feature midway through a search you can still save the found LCN's but see no instruction on how you save it.

Ubbe

Sorry to hijack your thread,I keep reading that if you abort the LCN finder feature midway through a search you can still save the found LCN's but see no instruction on how you save it.
That's when you loose all the findings, if you just abort. The display might say something about doing Fn+System in x36 or push To Scan in SDS to exit LCN finder and at that point it should ask if it should save what it have found so far.

You can also connect the USB cable while in LCN finder and read the scanner to get the LCN values for each frequency in Sentinel.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.