SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Local Freq's issue

_sundown_

Premium Subscriber
I've watched all the videos and read the manual as much as possible and I'm having as issue I can't seem to solve yet...
I live in Rogers, Arkansas. Benton County. I'm using Sentinel, it seem to be fine, no issues. My local frequencies for Rogers; Fire and Police to be exact will
not Receive. I have a TRX-1 that I've been testing against, the TRX-1 is RX'ing FIRE and Police just fine.

I'm using my favorites, keeping them simple. Loaded the AWIN side into a favorite and the Benton County Rogers side from the drop down into two separate favorites. Software is updated, DB is updated. List to monitor are on for one or the other depending on what which one I'm testing. My service types are correct and checked. My download and monitor is checked within the software when I write to sds100. Full DB is off on monitor list.

I can see the display "scanning," I see the System. I see the County. etc...just not rx'ing....

I set the range to 10, then 15, then 1...

I've been keeping my trx-1 scanning and like I mentioned it's rx'ing the usual..so I know there is activity...

Any advice would help...

Thanks all!

tvengr

Well Known Member
Please attach your favorites list file so that we can take a look at it. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to zip the file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file.

_sundown_

Premium Subscriber
Attached. Service types were on; at least the Fire, EMS and Law ones are.

Attachments

• Rogers 2.zip
    843 bytes · Views: 8
  • Rogers.zip
    638 bytes · Views: 5

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Service types were on; at least the Fire, EMS and Law ones are.
Understood, that's how the radio comes out of the box, turn all of the service types on that the radio will allow you to turn on, you can always customize that later, there are various tac and other odd labels that could be used in your area, sometimes with local municipalities they're even mislabeled, so for now it's a good idea that you turn all of your service types on that the radio will allow you to do.

That is standard practice when you take the radio out of the box, down the line, you want to get rid of school buses or oil delivery trucks then you can eliminate those. You never know how a specific object will be labeled with a service type. It might not be what you think it should be.

_sundown_

Premium Subscriber
Understood, that's how the radio comes out of the box, turn all of the service types on that the radio will allow you to turn on, you can always customize that later, there are various tac and other odd labels that could be used in your area, sometimes with local municipalities they're even mislabeled, so for now it's a good idea that you turn all of your service types on that the radio will allow you to do.

That is standard practice when you take the radio out of the box, down the line, you want to get rid of school buses or oil delivery trucks then you can eliminate those. You never know how a specific object will be labeled with a service type. It might not be what you think it should be.
Excellent point. How would I then verify what they're labeled down the line once/if I receive them?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Excellent point. How would I then verify what they're labeled down the line once/if I receive them?
On your display, as you get used to the radio, you can customize the display, I'm one of those people that have cleared the whole thing off and I basically have minimal information on my screen. One glance and I can see what I'm listening to.

I kind of program my screen like I would a Motorola apx radio, so much of the information on the screen to me is extraneous and unnecessary. Trying to make sense of all of those colors and clutter is difficult for me.

I also keep my sds-200 and 100 either at all lime green text, usually large case or white text on black background at 100% in the car. That's for down the line for you.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Service types were on; at least the Fire, EMS and Law ones are.
When you first install Sentinel, only the Dispatch service types are enabled. You also need all of the Tac and Talk service types on for Fire, EMS, and Law. Multi-Dispatch, Multi-Tac, Multi-Talk, Interop and Emergency Ops should also be included, as well as any other service types you wish to receive. I will be looking at your favorites lists a little later. I have some things I need to take care of first.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Looking at the second file (Rogers.zip), there is no site. A trunked system must have at least one site. That is where the frequencies go. Give me a little time. I am going to make changes to the files and attach the corrected files for you to import.

_sundown_

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the second file (Rogers.zip), there is no site. A trunked system must have at least one site. That is where the frequencies go. Give me a little time. I am going to make changes to the files and attach the corrected files for you to import.
OK. I appreciate it. Also, Rogers, AR Law and Fire are mostly all P25 (AWIN) now so that would lead me to believe that the ROGERS 2 file (conventional) is really not needed?
In addition, I can hear Rogers, AR Fire and Local on my sds100 when I'm using the zip code feature (at 10 mile range). It's the favorite that's an issue. Let me know how I can fix my mistake in Sentinel as well. Not sure what I missed.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Both of the files are AWIN talkgroups. You missed having a site for AWIN. All you have is talkgroups. Once I complete the file, you should have plenty of traffic.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a Benton County favorites list for you to try. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Import from hpe file (Favorites List). Click on New Favorites List and name it: Benton Co AR Click on OK. In the Downloads folder, open the extracted file. It will appear as a favorites list in Sentinel. Quick keys as follows:

Benton Co AR
DEPT QUICK KEYS:
0. Rogers School Dist
0. Siloam Spr Schools
0. Benton Co Services
0. Rogers Services
0. Siloam Spr Services
1. Benton Co Interop
1. Benton Co Events
2. Benton Co Fire/EMS
3. Benton Co EMS/Hosp
4. Benton Co Sheriff
4. Benton Co Police
5. Rogers Fire
6. Rogers Police
7. Siloam Spr Fire
8. Siloam Spr Police
9. AR State Police

Attachments

• Benton Co AR Fav.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 5

_sundown_

Premium Subscriber
Outstanding! I appreciate it tvengr! So I think what I did was that I didn't use the edit favorite list function (star w/pencil).
I was editing in the Home page (for lack of better terminology) if that makes sense. You mentioned that I didn't have my sites in their..maybe that's where I messed up...
Thanks so much for this..downloaded and working on it.
I'll test this evening..I have company coming over!
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again

tvengr

Well Known Member
All of the school and service talkgroups are on quick key 0. While the system is scanning, press the decimal point twice followed by 0 followed by E to toggle the quick key on and off. With quick key 0 off, you will be scanning public safety only. You can toggle any of the other quick keys and their associated departments on and off using the same method.

_sundown_

Premium Subscriber
All of the school and service talkgroups are on quick key 0. While the system is scanning, press the decimal point twice followed by 0 followed by E to toggle the quick key on and off. With quick key 0 off, you will be scanning public safety only. You can toggle any of the other quick keys and their associated departments on and off using the same method.
I noticed that, very slick! All is working perfect. What a nice change to finally hear the AWIN system without simulcast issues. Thanks again