SDS100 - Lost All of My Data On The Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
Oh... What have I done??? :oops:
I have a 436 and 536 in addition to me SDS100. I use the same computer and Sentinel to program them. I changed a couple control frequencies in one favorite list and transferred the data to the SDS100. Now, my screen data and layout is completely different and I have no way to select and of my Favorite lists. It's like the 436/536 Profile was transferred to the SDS100 and it thinks it's a 436.
I did a Factory Reset on the SDS100 and transferred the data to it again with the same results.
How do I get the screen of the SDS100 like it was??? When I first set it up new out of the box, I think I just transferred the 436/536 data and didn't do anything else as far as I can remember and I like the way the data was displayed.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Oh... What have I done??? :oops:
I have a 436 and 536 in addition to me SDS100. I use the same computer and Sentinel to program them. I changed a couple control frequencies in one favorite list and transferred the data to the SDS100. Now, my screen data and layout is completely different and I have no way to select and of my Favorite lists. It's like the 436/536 Profile was transferred to the SDS100 and it thinks it's a 436.
I did a Factory Reset on the SDS100 and transferred the data to it again with the same results.
How do I get the screen of the SDS100 like it was??? When I first set it up new out of the box, I think I just transferred the 436/536 data and didn't do anything else as far as I can remember and I like the way the data was displayed.
You may have downloaded data to your SDS100, but left the "target model" in Sentinel set as x36HP (or, if you created separate profiles for each unit, the target model was set to something other than SDS100).

In Sentinel, change your "target model" to 'SDS100'. That setting is under the Tools drop-down menu.

Open your Profile & verify that your display settings (for the SDS100) are set like you want. If not, edit & correct them to your preferences. Make sure that the Favorites lists have the download & monitor settings you want.

Once you've done that, with your 'target model' remaining set as "SDS100", try writing to the scanner again & see if that clears up the issue. (You could also use the "Clear User Data" under the 'Scanner' drop-down menu, but be sure that your profile & display settings are correct, and the Target Model is set correctly as 'SDS100'.)

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Have separate profiles for each scanner. Make sure Target Model is set correctly for each profile. The same favorite lists will be available in all profiles, but the other scanner settings will be separate.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
Did you create and save a unique profile in sentinel for your three scanners?

I thought I did because the latest file saved is "SDS100." What I did was change a small list of control frequencies and transfer to the 436. The change worked on the 436, so without thinking, I loaded the same change to the SDS100, BUT I am sure I used the 436 file instead of changing the SDS100 file. What a time saving idea! To make matters worse, I am pretty sure I transferred that data back into the SDS100 file. In other words, both the 436 data and SDS100 data are now the same on my computer.
I feel as stupid as when I backed into my friend's car in my driveway!!!

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Under the File tab in Sentinel, you can Export Display Customizing Settings and save the file. Then, you can import the settings into any profile for your SDS100 or SDS200. That way you can easily recall any number of different custom settings you like.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
I kept digging and found my SDS100 DIDN'T lose it's screen displaying more complete data! It's almost too simple a fix.
1. Pause the scan function
2. Press [FUNC} key then [9] key
TA-DA! Apparently that switches screen format back and forth from SIMPLE to the one with MORE DATA.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
That sounds like it might have loaded the X36 profile... At least for some type of screen layout...
The X36 profile does not have a detailed screen option like the SDS or color options...
Create a profile for the SDS and save it... Then in Sentinel you can switch between them for what scanner you are connecting...

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
Oh I was hoping he stumbled upon some way to somehow do something we have never seen but then saw the updated post about simple display. That's all.

WeldGuy

Premium Subscriber
I've owned this SDS100 for almost two months now and I learn something (or new cuss words) all the time.
I still haven't found where to plug the crystals in it. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.