SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 & Motorola Type 2 Smartnet Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxxer13

Okay, is the SDS100 not compatible with Motorola type 2 smartnet? Database is updated, loaded the system from the database, verified the info with what's on RR and I can hear more traffic when I run a custom search than I can when listening to the programmed system. Oh yeah, I'm trying to listen to a place broadcasting 2 miles away. I checked the service types and the bands too. Is it a hardware issue or does the scanner need to be reset?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Okay, is the SDS100 not compatible with Motorola type 2 smartnet? Database is updated, loaded the system from the database, verified the info with what's on RR and I can hear more traffic when I run a custom search than I can when listening to the programmed system. Oh yeah, I'm trying to listen to a place broadcasting 2 miles away. I checked the service types and the bands too. Is it a hardware issue or does the scanner need to be reset?
The SDS100, as well as a number of other Uniden scanners, is very capable of monitoring that system type. It's likely that the problem is not with the scanner itself (unless you are hearing absolutely nothing on any system).

Are you trying to scan using a Favorites list, or just the main database and location. If using a Faorites list, did you create it manually, or append the system(s) you want from the main database. For the system itself, make sure that the correct site is programmed if using a Favorites list. For service types, be sure that the Tac & Talk types are enabled for public safety. By default, initially only dispatch types are on.

If you are using location, verify that both your correct location and desired range are set correctly.

Ubbe

... I can hear more traffic when I run a custom search than I can when listening to the programmed system..... Is it a hardware issue or does the scanner need to be reset?
Can't be hardware problems if it works during another software mode like search.

Do you test by holding on to that system and see how much it catches? But it's difficult to now if you are missing anything if you do not have another scanner to compare to at that exact same moment.

/Ubbe

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Continue here...

Status
Not open for further replies.