SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 National Back Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xray

Is anyone really that hard up for a scanner to buy from some fly by night outfit randomly pulled up from a google search ?

trp2525

Is anyone really that hard up for a scanner to buy from some fly by night outfit randomly pulled up from a google search ?
If you are making reference to the 4 scanner retailers that I linked to in my post #40, none of them are a "fly by night outfit randomly pulled up from a google search." They are all very reputable retailers and I have personally done business with each of them in the past. FYI Universal Radio has been in business since 1942 and "You-Do-It" Electronics (located in Needham, Massachusetts) has been in business since 1949. I don't know about you but I don't consider a retailer that has been in business for 70+ years to be a "fly by night outfit."

markn455

Premium Subscriber
I got my sds100 from amazon and I love it . You get a 30 day money back if you don't like it you can send it back for free .If you have prime you get it in 2 days . With other places it takes 7 days . I payed 649.99 . for the scanner .It was worth it . I can hear everything agin .

How do you like it? I purchased the BCD436HD, It seems to be a good scanner other than I feel like it is a little deaf. I am considering selling this and upgrading to the SDS100.

trp2525

For those who may be interested in the behind-the-scenes details of the current SDS100 National Back Order, Zip Scanners has posted some interesting information and insights under their "Uniden SDS100 Backorder FAQ" section on their SDS100 sales page. Go to this link and scroll down to the "Details" section if you want to give it a read: SDS100 Police Scanner | Uniden Handheld Digital Police Scanner

332emdg

Premium Subscriber
If you are making reference to the 4 scanner retailers that I linked to in my post #40, none of them are a "fly by night outfit randomly pulled up from a google search." They are all very reputable retailers and I have personally done business with each of them in the past. FYI Universal Radio has been in business since 1942 and "You-Do-It" Electronics (located in Needham, Massachusetts) has been in business since 1949. I don't know about you but I don't consider a retailer that has been in business for 70+ years to be a "fly by night outfit."
Just got off the phone with "You-Do-It" They sold me their last one, a display model, with free shipping and a $20 discount. OUTSTANDING personalized customer service. Well done with the referrals and this thread, as I have been searching high and low. Cheers mate.

HMD

I ordered a 100 from bearcat warehouse on 4/29.

*1st shipment expected ship date 3rd or 4th week of May

(this shipment is sold out)

*2nd shipment expected ship date 1st or 2nd week of June

(this shipment will sell out)

HMD

I just got out of chat with bearcat warehouse. "They are finally enroute to Uniden in Texas as of today. We should have them on June 1. The first shipment will go out on June 1."

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
I just got out of chat with bearcat warehouse. "They are finally enroute to Uniden in Texas as of today. We should have them on June 1. The first shipment will go out on June 1."

I wonder if this delay will similarly affect the second shipment (the one mine will supposedly be in). It's pure speculation at this point but the curious side of me will probably send them a message on Monday during business hours.

Reconrider

Thanks! I placed an order there but was just advised that they had sold their last SDS100. They were quick to email me back though which was greatly appreciated.
Me advertising them still having some, must have helped them sell out super quickly :D.

I'll check around for the other smaller sites I've found over the last 2 weeks and post them if I come across them again

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I just received an email from Bearcat Warehouse.

Your order #179515 has shipped and the tracking information is below. Thank you for your business!

Shipped on 5/28/2020 using UPS 2nd Day Air

I to got notified that i should get my SDS100 Saturday! This is great news, only ordered maybe 3 weeks ago, so not terrible.

However, while researching on this radio, has there not been any firmware updates for a year on this radio? I mean hopefully it is so great it hasn't needed one, but that makes me wonder if they are still supporting their flagship radio.

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
According to one of the Bearcat Warehouse reps I spoke to, their next SDS100 shipment is expected late next week.

HikerGuy

Premium Subscriber
Bearcat Warehouse is expecting the shipment in by tomorrow. Zip Scanners also mentioning a shipment within the week.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
ScannerMaster sent me an e-mail yesterday (June 1) that indicated they had inventory, ordered within an hour of that e-mail, and it shipped today with an arrival on Friday. Looks like what they got went fast, because they're back out of stock now.

Status
Not open for further replies.