SDS100 New Model ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
I spoke to bearcat warehouse yesterday, on the website it says SDS-100 New. I asked him What NEW meant, and he said it’s the latest version that had some hardware issues corrected, like humming and cracklings.

can someone confirm if this is true?

If it is true, is there a starting serial number to look for to ensure I’m getting a NEW version.

Ubbe

He probably confused it with SDS200. I haven't seen anyone complaining about humming and crackling from a SDS100.
The "new" SDS200 comes with the mitigation tool already installed from factory.
The "new" SDS100 comes with the big battery included instead of the smaller one.

/Ubbe

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
That vendor has a good reputation but...mmmmmm:unsure:.

There certainly are a few issues that could be addressed in production. Not sure an announcement would be made regarding this because then what happens to all the units in stock that still have those issues or potential issues in time.

As Budd says that would be a question for Uniden support.

The hum is not an issue for the 100 but crackling is, some of that was addressed in a firmware update a long time ago and some people have said that it is a symptom of the cold solder joint issue.

There is no new sds200, it's the same radio they just added the mitigation device in production rather then sending it to the customer to install themselves.

Again this vendor has a good reputation but if he got some kind of inside information that the rest of us don't know then other vendors will start talking about it also.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone again. I'm Baaaaack. In regards to the post by phask, I never received anything new and improved thru out my life. The stuff I buy is ALWAYS broken. Take Care. Glad to be back.

EDIT: I just spent 2500.00 dollars on an upgraded camera and a few lens. No SDS 100 or 200 for me.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone again. I'm Baaaaack. In regards to the post by phask, I never received anything new and improved thru out my life. The stuff I buy is ALWAYS broken. Take Care. Glad to be back.

EDIT: I just spent 2500.00 dollars on an upgraded camera and a few lens. No SDS 100 or 200 for me.
JUST 2500? :) Nikon shooter here.

GaRebel

Premium Subscriber
That vendor has a good reputation but...mmmmmm:unsure:.

There certainly are a few issues that could be addressed in production. Not sure an announcement would be made regarding this because then what happens to all the units in stock that still have those issues or potential issues in time.

As Budd says that would be a question for Uniden support.

The hum is not an issue for the 100 but crackling is, some of that was addressed in a firmware update a long time ago and some people have said that it is a symptom of the cold solder joint issue.

There is no new sds200, it's the same radio they just added the mitigation device in production rather then sending it to the customer to install themselves.

Again this vendor has a good reputation but if he got some kind of inside information that the rest of us don't know then other vendors will start talking about it also.

Got a SDS200 with the mitigation device installed. Sill hum! Just got to live with it. Uniden don't care.

Bob1955

I spoke to bearcat warehouse yesterday, on the website it says SDS-100 New. I asked him What NEW meant, and he said it’s the latest version that had some hardware issues corrected, like humming and cracklings.

can someone confirm if this is true?

If it is true, is there a starting serial number to look for to ensure I’m getting a NEW version.
fdnyfish, Bearcat Warehouse is the "BEST" place to buy from. I'm friends there with Paul and he's very knowledgeable at what he does. It's not really a new version, but rather has the new longer life battery on the back and factory software updates too. Paul even made YouTube video's so I would order it from them. It is free shipping and no sales tax either unless you live in MD.
Tell him Bob from Eastchester, NY advised you to buy it there. I have purchased from them and so have my buddies too.
Hope this helps you in your purchasing.
Have a good weekend, sir.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There haven't been any significant hardware revision to the SDS100 since it was introduced. The only thing Uniden has done is switched to a larger-capacity battery, which has nothing to do with the scanner itself.

The SDS200 has had a minor revision in the form of the hum reducer / display ground part being added. But even that barely counts as a "hardware revision"...

Status
Not open for further replies.