SDS100 New York City

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterPo

Hi all new owner of a SDs100 and was wondering if I need to add the Provoice key, DMR and NXDN for the New York City area, just what agency use this type of system, thanks

Bill

N2YQC

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
ProVoice, no. As for DMR and NXDN, you'll need to look at the database page for NYC to see if there are any conventional listings or trunked systems of those two types to determine if you want to purchase those upgrades. The info you seek is readily available in the RR database.

MasterPo

ProVoice, no. As for DMR and NXDN, you'll need to look at the database page for NYC to see if there are any conventional listings or trunked systems of those two types to determine if you want to purchase those upgrades. The info you seek is readily available in the RR database.

Thanks for info

Bill

rftechnyc

Member without Bit-Error
Premium Subscriber
Hi all new owner of a SDs100 and was wondering if I need to add the Provoice key, DMR and NXDN for the New York City area, just what agency use this type of system, thanks

Bill

N2YQC

Personally it is a waste to add any of those unless you want to listen to for-hire dispatchers, ham radio, and bell hops on DMR.

MStep

Point well taken about the the lack of need for the optional mode upgrades. However, IMHO, at least here in the NYC area, there is enough DMR (nothwithstanding ham radio) traffic to keep the listener entertained for hours. I love listening to strings of expletives streaming over the channels as unwary users think that DMR somehow protects them from being heard. And there are some quasi-governmental (and perhaps even one or two "official" agencies, that use DMR in their communications activities.

I would suggest that you play with your SDS100 for several weeks to make sure it is working properly technically, and that it's a "keeper", since those upgrades are non-returnable and non-refundable. If you've got the extra bucks (usually $60 - $75), I would definitely go for the DMR.

Have fun with your new toy.

- Mike

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Just get the upgrade to DMR There’s really not enough RADIOS Systems for provice and NXDN I bought all three for one radio I have six radios and one has the all systems I’m at RADIOS have DMR that’s all Hartford Connecticut Hartford police has three channels for provoice I live in Bristol next to ESPN The radio system NXDN And it’s not worth listening to it because some channels have encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.