SDS100 problem P25 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

toad99

Premium Subscriber
Well, I guess I was wrong on the issue of deleted sites. I did some experimenting, and deleted sites are not repopulated when appending new departments to a system. Since I have changed all my system names to something shorter, if I append a new department, a whole new system is created, with all the sites, and just the single department. Then it's the copy and paste procedure.

So I guess you could either delete a site or avoid a site, with the same result.

Last edited:

mnuzum

Good thing on that because I have started to try and build my lists and I was deleting sites instead of avoiding!

toad99

Premium Subscriber
Good thing on that because I have started to try and build my lists and I was deleting sites instead of avoiding!
You can just un-avoid later if you wanted to monitor those sites, so it’s probably better to just avoid instead of deleting sites.

B2man

I'll provide my two-cents worth... I have a SDS200 and use Sentinel Software... I created about ten or so favorite lists most of which use the Oklahoma P25 II system. I've had to download the Top Level P25 database for EACH list created and "Avoid" some groups. I deleted everything except the immediate Metro area sites in some cases. Example... I have a list for OHP Metro (TroopA) and a list for OHP "Out of Area". For the OHP Metro list, I download the P25 system, then delete all the State sites Listed with the exception of Norman, OKC, Tecumseh, etc. (OKC Metro area sites). Then I "Avoid" everything listed except for Troop A Metro, Rural, Turnpikes, etc. For my OHP OUT of Area list, I leave all the sites and "Avoid" everything in the P25 II system that isn't OHP related like fire, sheriff, game wardens, etc. It keeps my list pure and only receives OHP. I use this same methodology for OKC PD... The entire P25 system is first added to the specific OKC PD List, then out of Metro area sites are deleted, and what I don't want to hear when selecting only OKC PD is "Avoided". This has worked well for me, but if anyone has a better way, please share!

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Using ARC536 really helps editing the systems better than Sentinel does.

Status
Not open for further replies.