SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Quick Key Issue

Joined
Nov 24, 2016
Messages
39
Reaction score
15
Location
Upstate NY
I'm having a strange issue with my quick keys on my 100. I have my county P25 system and analog system programmed in on a favorites list with QK, I have a system QK for both of those systems. I have the P25 system divided into several department QKs. The issue is when I want to turn off department QK 1, it turns off the whole system for some reason, so even if I had other department QKs still on, it won't scan for anything, just gives me the "Nothing To Scan" screen. What do I need to change so that I can turn off the department QK 1 and not turn off the whole system?
 

ofd8001

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
8,508
Reaction score
1,636
Location
Louisville, KY
Are you sure you are pressing the correct Quick Key Sequence? FF.SS.DD e/Yes?

FF is Favorites List Quick Key
SS is System Quick Key
DD is Department Quick Key

The periods are important separators. So if you press just 1 and hit enter, you are turning off Favorites List with a Quick Key of 1 including everything in that Favorites List.

More explanation. . .

Favorites List Quick Key 1
System Quick Key 2
Department Quick Key 3
Department Quick Key 4

To turn off the Department with a Quick Key of 3, you would press 1.2.3 eYes. With this sequence, Department 4 should be active.
 
Joined
Nov 24, 2016
Messages
39
Reaction score
15
Location
Upstate NY
Are you sure you are pressing the correct Quick Key Sequence? FF.SS.DD e/Yes?

FF is Favorites List Quick Key
SS is System Quick Key
DD is Department Quick Key

The periods are important separators. So if you press just 1 and hit enter, you are turning off Favorites List with a Quick Key of 1 including everything in that Favorites List.

More explanation. . .

Favorites List Quick Key 1
System Quick Key 2
Department Quick Key 3
Department Quick Key 4

To turn off the Department with a Quick Key of 3, you would press 1.2.3 eYes. With this sequence, Department 4 should be active.
Yes, I am. I'm pressing 1.1.1 or 01.01.01 and it just kills the whole system for some reason. This is literally the only issue I've had with the scanner. Everything was pretty easy for me to figure out otherwise.
 

jtwalker

Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2012
Messages
2,822
Reaction score
3,136
Location
BEE00.1E8-1.22 (or) BEE00.689-1.13
Ok so do the work and list out every quick key you have assigned. Then tell us what you are entering when it doesn’t work. Quick keys work just fine e for me at any level.

I am wondering if you have same FL quick key assigned to more than one FL.
 
Joined
Nov 24, 2016
Messages
39
Reaction score
15
Location
Upstate NY
Ok so do the work and list out every quick key you have assigned. Then tell us what you are entering when it doesn’t work. Quick keys work just fine e for me at any level.

I am wondering if you have same FL quick key assigned to more than one FL.
Definitely don't have the same FL key assigned to more than one FL. This would be favorite list 1, system 1, department 1. I have 9 department quick keys assigned on this system. They all work fine except department quick key 1. As I mentioned above, when I key in 1.1.1, it kills the whole system instead of just the one department.
 

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
12,176
Reaction score
4,562
Location
Dallas, TX
Definitely don't have the same FL key assigned to more than one FL. This would be favorite list 1, system 1, department 1. I have 9 department quick keys assigned on this system. They all work fine except department quick key 1. As I mentioned above, when I key in 1.1.1, it kills the whole system instead of just the one department.
The sites (for trunked systems), as well as the departments, use the same set of quick keys. If you have QK 1 assigned to both a department, as well as the site, then 1.1.1 would toggle both the Department as well as the Site off at the same time. If that's the only site programmed. then you effectively killed the system.

What others have suggested in the past was to separate the keys used, assigning QK's 0 through 60, to Departments in a Favorites list, and using 61 to 99 for trunked system sites.

Edit to add: While you cannot duplicate the quick keys, that does not apply to systems, sites, and departments.
 
Top