SDS100 Repair Options in RI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewj

Premium Subscriber
Can any members suggest a reputable radio repair company/tech in RI? I have an SDS100 that has stopped receiving signal (consistent with symptoms in this thread: SDS100: - SDS100 Stopped picking up any signal). My unit is 3.5 years old so definitely out of warranty.

Found and old thread here with a suggestion for CyberComm in Warwick (I'll call them tomorrow) but looking to for other recommendations just in case.

Hit_Factor

If Uniden takes to long for your needs, by another one used or new, then sell one of them when your original one returns from service.

KB18

I would send it to Uniden repair I have had very good luck with them I sent in a scanner that kept rebooting for no reason that was clearly out of warranty and they replaced it with a new one at no charge I only had to pay to ship the radio to them by UPS

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Check to see if the RR user Jon is still doing the repairs. The loss of reception is a break in a circuit board near the SMA connector.
It requires "small soldering" skills.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I don't believe Jon has been around for quite some time. Perhaps he's taking another "vacation"? 😲

iTrooper

I don't believe Jon has been around for quite some time. Perhaps he's taking another "vacation"? 😲

Yeah, this is a bit of a concern as I have a few questions to ask him regarding the SDS100 repair and I'm in Australia, so I need some info to pass on to a local repairer as shipping overseas from AUS to USA is gonna be quite expensive.

Bonus points to anyone who can tell me what the heck the real name of the J401 connector is, so I can find replacement ones from Alibaba, Aliexpress, Amazon, whatever. I can't seem to find too much info on what the J401 connector is so I can buy a brand new fresh one to replace the existing one.

frankie811

Yeah, this is a bit of a concern as I have a few questions to ask him regarding the SDS100 repair and I'm in Australia, so I need some info to pass on to a local repairer as shipping overseas from AUS to USA is gonna be quite expensive.

Bonus points to anyone who can tell me what the heck the real name of the J401 connector is, so I can find replacement ones from Alibaba, Aliexpress, Amazon, whatever. I can't seem to find too much info on what the J401 connector is so I can buy a brand new fresh one to replace the existing one.
What frequencies do the police & fire departments use in your area?

iTrooper

What frequencies do the police & fire departments use in your area?

Well police don't matter much here as they're encoded in Sydney.

However the New South Wales Government Radio Network is trunked and works well on the SDS100/200 and similar Uniden devices.

If you want a bit of info regarding the frequencies, I think this site might point you in the right direction.

I got the above link from this site - Ozscan

Status
Not open for further replies.