SDS100 review, highs and lows after a couple months

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Protection has its limits. I've seen a few instances of blown audio amps from people using grounded speakers and cranking up the volume when half of the audio output was shorted out. Not everyone has common sense.

dvendt

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Does the SDS100 need an amplified speaker?

For myself, I'd say no but then I'm in a fairly quiet environment.
If I were mobile with the windows down, then yes!

Only you can really determine if the audio is loud enough with the internal speaker.

radio3353

Yes. It only has a headphone jack, intended for 16-ohm headphones, not speakers. So any actual speaker needs to be amplified.

Does the headphone jack on the SDS100 also have a volume limiting resistor like many other portables have? That would also push the need for an amplified speaker. If I plug an external speaker into my PRO-106's headphone jack the volume decreases significantly.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Does the headphone jack on the SDS100 also have a volume limiting resistor like many other portables have? That would also push the need for an amplified speaker. If I plug an external speaker into my PRO-106's headphone jack the volume decreases significantly.
I believe so. Unamplified external speakers are not as loud as the internal, so I use an amplified. My personal favorite is the Oontz Angle 3, it has 24+hr battery life and plenty of volume. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.