SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Scanner and Backlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I thought I was going crazy but I figured out something with the SDS100 Scanner. I have the back light set at SET Timer =Open Squelch and KEYPRESS set at 15 seconds, I have been noticing that this set up was only shutting off my screen sometimes other times it would not work at all. I found out the problem was if I have the SDS100 charging by my Computer USB port or plugged into the wall outlet the SDS100 screen will not shutoff, only when I stop charging the scanner will it shut down the Scanner screen for the amount of time. Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this or if only my sds100 scanner, anyone care to try this and let me know.
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Also even if I have the scanner charging off and unplug it from the wall and it still is plug into the scanner the back light will not shut off, I have to make sure the scanner is not attached in any way to the charging cable.
Steve

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
When I power my scanner on... Backlight is on and will stay on... If I tap the power button backlight
goes off and will turn on and off with the opening and closing of the squelch... Tapping the pwer button toggles this for me...
Does not change by plugging into the USB port to charge or not...

Backlight.jpg

Ubbe

Well, I wouldn't says it works perfect. In DMR OFT and 15 sec backlight it turns on the display when someone stops talking and doesn't trigger when someone starts to transmit.

/Ubbe

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Well, I wouldn't says it works perfect. In DMR OFT and 15 sec backlight it turns on the display when someone stops talking and doesn't trigger when someone starts to transmit.

/Ubbe
Oh I did not know that, this scanner does strange things from time to time, just another quirk hopefully Uniden will get around to fixing soon.
Steve

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
If you set it like I posted... The backlight will go On and Off with squelch only...
Tap the power button it will stay on... Tap again it will go to squelch only...

Open Squelch not 15 sec...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.