SDS100/SDS200/BCDx36HP Sentinel Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
The only negative I've noted so far is that the MotoTrbo TG # not matching the actual user issue has resurfaced. It's not very frequent, but it happens on two different MotoTrbo systems I listen to. That's on the SDS200.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I see an option under LAN settings, set FTP server. I am wondering what that does?

It enables FTP Client programs (I use FileZilla and my ProScan not released yet version) to access the scanner SD memory. For a write operation, send the protocol command GFM,UNIDEN before writing and send EFM,UNIDEN after writing. A read operation doesn't need GFM,UNIDEN & EFM,UNIDEN commands sent.

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
What is the most current Sentinel version for SDS100? I am running version 2.01 (revision03). Am I current? Thanks

torishu

Actually, there was some concern that there could be start of comm clipping, but we've not noted any at all. The longer settings were to minimize clipping of quick replies. Keeping the settings in there are free.

The "Set Audio Off Time" settings appears to be eating any alert tones I have set (for VERY local traffic). I don't hear them and only know from the blinking light I have associated with them.

AKJohnny

Scanner Addict
Premium Subscriber
I just have to say thank you to Uniden for the latest added filters. With "Wide Invert" I am getting the best performance (average d-error 3) on most tg's on DuPage County Starcom21 listening from Kendall county and while driving to work in Kane county (using my mobile/external Maxrad PCTCN7080 antenna). Just had to give kudos. Thanks.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
"a DMR system that I think is wrong in the DB (entered as conventional but I think it's actually CAP+ or OFT) "
It is either a Con+, Cap+, T3(CapMAX, or Hytera XPT), Linked IP Site Connect Conventional DMR, or single site Conventional DMR. OFT is just the method used to find all the details of an Conventional DMR system. There is no such creature as an OFT DMR system. The One Frequency Trunk setting just gives deeper information such as all the TG's in use on each Time Slot, RID, and the Time Slot in use on each transmission, etc.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It is either a Con+, Cap+, T3(CapMAX, or Hytera XPT), Linked IP Site Connect Conventional DMR, or single site Conventional DMR.
Hytera XPT (Extended Pseudo Trunking) is not a Tier III system; it's more akin to MotoTRBO Capacity Plus.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I updated firmware through Sentinel and it says Version 2.02 (revision 01)

mike

That's the version of your Sentinel software on your computer (which is not the current version), it is not the scanner's firmware version number.

ralsa

Premium Subscriber
That's the version of your Sentinel software on your computer (which is not the current version), it is not the scanner's firmware version number.

Good morning,

According to the Uniden Website, Version 2.02 (Revision 01) is the latest Sentinel Software for the SDS200.

As previously stated SDS200 firmware 1.09.02 is the latest.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Good morning,

According to the Uniden Website, Version 2.02 (Revision 01) is the latest Sentinel Software for the SDS200.

As previously stated SDS200 firmware 1.09.02 is the latest.

Correct, my post was meant to read "which is the current version".

jodyobrien

Need a little help plz... I just got my SDS100 yesterday. Open the box. Ready to go. Woke up this morning. Did a Sentinal update. (Main&Sub) all day.. I heard nothing. My 436&536 was talking aways... SDS 100 quiet..
Im in the N0H. Gray - Bruce ONTARIO. Canada.
What happend from the store to today?
I Have checked: Menu, Select Service Types? Make sure the “services” i want listen to are turned on...
yes. I even "READ from my 536..." Change target. Write to SDS100
It seems after i did the new bin and main update... Nothing worked
HELP PLZ

Status
Not open for further replies.