SDS100/SDS200/BCDx36HP Sentinel Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

You can do either way, remove SD card and connect to PC with a card reader and copy the files or do it directly thru the USB cable to the scanner, which doesn't take long to transfer the files.

/Ubbe

Ubbe

It's a bug. The database with all US/Canada frequencies cannot be found in Sentinel, as it is the European version. Just ignore it.

/Ubbe

Ludde

I tried today to load in the new Firware, but it did not work with the usb cable. Should you remove the microsim and put it in the computer directly ?.

Ubbe

Explain more in detail what did not work. Do you see the scanner as a drive in windows? When you copy files, do you see the Firmware folder where the files should go? Is it windows that says that you cannot copy to that place? You can insert the SD card directly to a card reader in the computer.

I know that win10 can be a bit tricky to use when it comes to these kind of things, so I refuse to use it and only use Win7 on my machines. I don't know if Win10 does something to the file types when downloading from google drive but the files should be used as is and are not zipped.

/Ubbe

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Ubbe I have no trouble doing the old BETA FIRMWARES with my windows 10 setups.
#1 Download Firmware File.
#2 UNZIP Firmware File
#3 Copy Firmware File
#4 Paste Firmware File in SDS Firmware Folder.
#5 Unplug USB Cable and Let the Scanner Reboot.

rbarker

Robert
I was able to get a database update for the Sentinel BCDx36HP but not for the Home Patrol. Anyone know what's going on?

Ubbe

Not at this moment as no one has reveald the correct ftp login credentials to be able to write files to the scanner.
Try the usual way to update from Sentinel once a week as they are bound to fix the problem sooner or later.
Send email to Avera.eu that you have problem to upgrade your scanner.

/Ubbe

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Not at this moment as no one has reveald the correct ftp login credentials to be able to write files to the scanner.
/Ubbe
Actually you can. Before connecting via FTP into the scanner, send a GFM,UNIDEN protocol command followed by a carriage return using a terminal emulator (or my ProScan) then use a FTP Client such as FileZilla. Log in to the scanner Writable Account. The scanner LAN settings has to be setup first.

Ubbe

But when using a SDS200 the GFM,UNIDEN command has to be sent thru the USB port as there's no WiFi, and if you have USB access using a cable you don't need LAN access for transfering a file?

/Ubbe

kruser

Premium Subscriber
But when using a SDS200 the GFM,UNIDEN command has to be sent thru the USB port as there's no WiFi, and if you have USB access using a cable you don't need LAN access for transfering a file?

/Ubbe
Send the GFM,UNIDEN command thru the same wired LAN connection that is already established with ProScan.

medic709

Premium Subscriber
As of 10-10-19, no updates to the Uniden Data base are available for any radio's. I can't get Uniden updates using the Sentinel for the BCD-436, BCD-536, SDS-100, SDS-200 or the Home Patrol II, Are they no longer providing updates for these model scanners with the Sentinel??? Why does this happen every now and then???

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
As of 10-10-19, no updates to the Uniden Data base are available for any radio's. I can't get Uniden updates using the Sentinel for the BCD-436, BCD-536, SDS-100, SDS-200 or the Home Patrol II, Are they no longer providing updates for these model scanners with the Sentinel??? Why does this happen every now and then???

Status
Not open for further replies.