sds100 Smaller battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badboy536

I was wondering if uniden has for sale the smaller battery that originally came with the sds100.
Some of us like the light weight and more stream line of the smaller battery with battery cover. I
Have even made a custom case for the sds100 for the smaller battery. Just a little worried that when
I need a new battery i wont be able to purchase the smaller battery. Thanks.

Reactions: RRR

budevans

I was wondering if uniden has for sale the smaller battery that originally came with the sds100.
Some of us like the light weight and more stream line of the smaller battery with battery cover. I
Have even made a custom case for the sds100 for the smaller battery. Just a little worried that when
I need a new battery i wont be able to purchase the smaller battery. Thanks.

No joy. The question has been asked many times. Uniden stopped production of the small batteries after the initial run. They did not meet the required run time of 8 hrs.

Badboy536

Well that really sucks. Not everyone wants the big ass on there sds100. The scanner looks so much better with the smaller battery cover and weights so much less. I think they should still offer the choice to purchase the small battery. Im sure they would sell just as well as the larger battery.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
Well that really sucks. Not everyone wants the big ass on there sds100. The scanner looks so much better with the smaller battery cover and weights so much less. I think they should still offer the choice to purchase the small battery. Im sure they would sell just as well as the larger battery.
Hi have you called Uniden and told them what you think about them discontinuing that battery?
Maybe a third party battery supplier will fill the need!

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber

Absolutely, totally agree. People like myself use the external battery charger and have no problem with buying extra battery packs and would very much appreciate having the smaller form factor. The external charger is a game changer and makes battery capacity far less important.

Status
Not open for further replies.