SDS100 stopped receiving DMR and NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
I have an SDS100 that was upgraded for DMR and NXDN as well as a 436. I'm stuck back north with family hiding from the virus and fired up the scanner on some systems for the first time in a while. I always received TRBO and NXDN fine but now they all say "nothing to scan" Can a unit lose the upgrade somehow? I checked the services are enabled and the system programming looks fine.
Any help appreciated
Thanks

n1riw

Premium Subscriber
If I tune manually to system it is there but when scanning says "nothing to scan" services are enabled and the scan favorite list says it is on

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Are these conventional channels or is this a trunked radio system? Did you set quick keys for Departments (or sites if a TRS) that could potentially be turned off? Have you confirmed nothing is avoided? Pressing Func + Avoid then using the top knob allows you to scroll through to review your avoids

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Are the trunked systems and conventionals all on the same favorites list or more than one FL? Press the menu button and choose Set Scan Selection then choose Select Lists to Monitor. Make sure the favorites list(s) are set to "On"

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
OK, have you checked things in Sentinel? If none of these do it then I'm all out of ideas...

Edit Profile>Scan Selection tab: Make sure 'Monitor' and 'Download' are On for FL's you want to scan.

Check or uncheck 'Monitor Full Database'.

Edit Profile>Service Types tab: Make sure the Service Types you want to monitor are checked.

Custom 1 is needed for miscellaneous channels.

Edit Profile>Location Settings tab: Make sure you have a location programmed for scanning the Full Database or FL's with 'Use Location Control' set to On.

Edit Profile>Quick Key Status tab: Make sure FLQK's are checked for FL's you want to monitor.

Edit Favorites List>System QK Status tab: Make sure SQK's are checked for systems you want to monitor.

Edit Favorites List>System>Options tab: Make sure 'ID Search' is On if no IDs are programmed.

Edit Favorites List>System>Dept/Site Quick Keys Status tab: Make sure Department/Site QK's are checked for departments/sites you want to monitor.

Edit Favorites List>System>Dept/Site>Location tab:Make sure Departments/Sites have locations programmed if 'Use Location Control' is set to On for the FL.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you lost DMR and NXDN on both scanners and you recently programmed both, I would suspect your programming with Sentinel, If only one scanner, go to Upgrade in the scanner menu and try to upgrade DMR and NXDN. It will tell you if it is already activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.