SDS100 streaming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedoug

I would like to buy a hand held digital scanner. Can the SDS100 stream (public or private) to the internet? Also, is there an app so I can remote control it? I am weighing the pros and cons of buying a mobile vs a base station. I want the ability to have a mobile scanner, but often will want it and it would be at home. I currently have the BC346XL and now need a digital scanner.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
The SDS series can stream to the internet, publishing to a public service or privately, but will require a Windows PC and some software on the PC to do the stream. I think there is some freeware available to do this, but I would recommend ProScan which is software you must pay to use for more than 30 days.

thedoug

Thanks jtwalker. Can proscan be controlled remotely? If there is an event happening, I would like to lock onto the TAC channel.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thanks jtwalker. Can proscan be controlled remotely? If there is an event happening, I would like to lock onto the TAC channel.

With Proscan, you have monitoring and full control capabilities from a computer running the Proscan client or a web browser on a smart phone.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I would like to buy a hand held digital scanner. Can the SDS100 stream (public or private) to the internet? Also, is there an app so I can remote control it? I am weighing the pros and cons of buying a mobile vs a base station. I want the ability to have a mobile scanner, but often will want it and it would be at home. I currently have the BC346XL and now need a digital scanner.

I agree on the advise given regarding ProScan. I'm kind of biased in that area.
Mobile is the same as a base station. I think you meant portable. If you go with a mobile such as the SDS200, the audio can stream out of the Ethernet connection which produces the best quality audio.

AZ645

Premium Subscriber
Just got at SDS100, what’s the best way to pipe the audio to a computer in order to stream via Proscan?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
A audio ground loop isolator cable to line in on the computer, to avoid damaging the SDS100 audio amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.