SDS100 Talkgroups a mess after 1.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

K0WXP

Premium Subscriber
I am listening to South Dakota state radio on the Sioix Falls Simulcast. This is a 150mhz Motorola P25 system.
Have experimented with all filter settings and various locations. Also tried attenuator on and off. I am getting traffic that is clearly the wrong talkgroup. For example Sheriff being displayed, but audio from City Buses. This is very noticeable compared to previous firmware. It happened before, but was getting better...now the system is almost unusable.
On top of this VHF Air reception is far worse.
For reference, when this is happening, I have RSSI around 50dbm, Noise around 300, and Digital error at 0. It is the same in other areas of the city with RSSI closer to 80dbm, a little higher noise and Digital error around 10.
I have formatted the SD card and reloaded the systems....no help.
I have tried on Full database with my zipcode....no help.
I am getting similar performance on another nearby site that is not Simulcast.
The problem is present as well on the nearby Minnesota ARMER 800mhz system. Non-simulcast. Not nearly as bad, but still new since 1.10.

Maybe it's this unit? This is a newer unit ,only about 2 months old.

Ubbe

If you have signal levels of -60dBm or better (-50dBm) then always use the attenuator. It will help the filters perform better. For the wrong TG's, are that constant or just occasionally? Check on the RR database pages for the systems TG's and compare to what is in the scanner. It could be some sort of missmatch happening between the read and conversion of the RR database to Uniden DB and also what is written to the scanner.

/Ubbe

aleckrohto

Premium Subscriber
I am listening to South Dakota state radio on the Sioix Falls Simulcast. This is a 150mhz Motorola P25 system.
Have experimented with all filter settings and various locations. Also tried attenuator on and off. I am getting traffic that is clearly the wrong talkgroup. For example Sheriff being displayed, but audio from City Buses. This is very noticeable compared to previous firmware. It happened before, but was getting better...now the system is almost unusable.
On top of this VHF Air reception is far worse.
For reference, when this is happening, I have RSSI around 50dbm, Noise around 300, and Digital error at 0. It is the same in other areas of the city with RSSI closer to 80dbm, a little higher noise and Digital error around 10.
I have formatted the SD card and reloaded the systems....no help.
I have tried on Full database with my zipcode....no help.
I am getting similar performance on another nearby site that is not Simulcast.
The problem is present as well on the nearby Minnesota ARMER 800mhz system. Non-simulcast. Not nearly as bad, but still new since 1.10.

Maybe it's this unit? This is a newer unit ,only about 2 months old.

Are you holding the site you are listening to? I have also experienced this issue on the SDS100 with the Mass State Police. Currently on firmware 1.10 also and are exhibiting the same issues you are having.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
If you have signal levels of -60dBm or better (-50dBm) then always use the attenuator. It will help the filters perform better. For the wrong TG's, are that constant or just occasionally? Check on the RR database pages for the systems TG's and compare to what is in the scanner. It could be some sort of missmatch happening between the read and conversion of the RR database to Uniden DB and also what is written to the scanner.

/Ubbe

I will agree with this. Using attenuator with Wide Invert on Starcom (P25/Phase 1 Simulcast system) helps me out. D-Error rates are very low, and if not the receiving party usually complains (you're breaking up...10-9?).

Status
Not open for further replies.