SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Unable to Pickup Certain Site

benny919

Premium Subscriber
My friend is trying to scan LCRA for Nacogdoches, Texas with his SDS100. He just moved there for college. He has an FL with LCRA and TxWARN. LCRA shows in the FL menu for review/edit system as well as Sentinel but when scanning does not show up. I also programmed it into my scanner in Dallas and I had the same issue. TxWARN and all other frequencies show up but not LCRA P25. All avoids are off and all service types set to on. I am not sure how to go from here

tvengr

Well Known Member
Please attach your favorites list file so we can take a look at it. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to zip the exported file to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and open the zipped file.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Another thing to check….. Is location control enabled for the favorite list? Is yes, is the location set correctly for his new location?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
A good diagnostic tool is to try turning on the Full Database. If you can get the site that way, it confirms something is funky with the FL programming. If you cannot, something might be amiss with the database which in turn didn't get to your FL programming correctly.

tvengr

Well Known Member
My friend is trying to scan LCRA for Nacogdoches, Texas with his SDS100. He just moved there for college. He has an FL with LCRA and TxWARN. LCRA shows in the FL menu for review/edit system as well as Sentinel but when scanning does not show up.
Take a close look at the file. A common problem is that the system does not have a site when it is imported. If you attach your file, we can check that.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Use the Analyse feature for that site, assuming you have the site programmed.

benny919

Premium Subscriber
Take a close look at the file. A common problem is that the system does not have a site when it is imported. If you attach your file, we can check that.
I tried it on my scanner through the full database just to see if it'll pop up and it did not. The TxWARN system did but LCRA didn't. Here's the file.

Attachments

• Nacogdoches City and County.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 9

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I tried it on my scanner through the full database just to see if it'll pop up and it did not. The TxWARN system did but LCRA didn't. Here's the file.
Looking at your file, while you have the talkgroups used on both the TxWARN and LCRA systems in your departments, you have none of the sites (for the two systems) that are in the county.

I have attached a file with the two trunked systems. along with their Sites as well as Departments. Also, you indicate that your friend moved to Nacogdoches to attend SFAU, but none of the channels & talkgroups associated with the school were included. I included those, as well as also adding the conventional (non-trunked) frequencies listed for various county entities in case some of them might still be active. The small town VFDs may well still use their conventional channels, in lieu of spending the money required to issue everyone a radio compatible with the trunked systems.

These were imported via ProScan to ensure that location data was present. I did not set the updated list to use location control, but you (or he) can do so after adding the file to your favorites lists.

Attachments

• Nacogdoches City and County_A.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 2