Sds100 vs 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

noaim

Premium Subscriber
5100505b7fb7a91ba77cb7d2ec1e0a79.jpg

My sds100 picks this up no problem but the 200 does not

I don’t have any upgrades on the 200 and do have dmr and NXDN

I don’t think that’s the issue though same profile same full database and it’s not being avoided

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

noaim

Premium Subscriber
Ham is turned on very weird both radios using stock antennas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ubbe

Can you hold the SDS200 on that channel, push enter and disable CTCSS by setting it to search or off, and turn down squelch to zero and listen when the repeater is active for any kind of signal. Try moving the scanner as just a few inches could make a big difference when using an antenna inside a room with all the reflections going on.

/Ubbe

dfw1193

Make sure all service types is turned on for a test, set the global filter to off for the test, be sure your ctcss tone is correct. If it still does not receive it I would try another signal with a ctcss tone if the 100 gets it and the 200 dont side by side and work it from there, at least you can compare, if you are a ham and have several handhelds you can goto a simplex freq setup a ctcss tone on all sets and transmit a test message to make sure the sds200 ctcss tones are working right and troubleshoot from there.

dfw1193

Also I see your 100 signal is -86db play with the filters on the 200 and see what the rssi shows when the 100 gets a signal on it.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
what does
Make sure all service types is turned on for a test, set the global filter to off for the test, be sure your ctcss tone is correct. If it still does not receive it I would try another signal with a ctcss tone if the 100 gets it and the 200 dont side by side and work it from there, at least you can compare, if you are a ham and have several handhelds you can goto a simplex freq setup a ctcss tone on all sets and transmit a test message to make sure the sds200 ctcss tones are working right and troubleshoot from there.
what does the global filter do? mine was set to normal on my 200 and i just sent it to OFF. i could read the manual, but i just got the scanner and have not delved into that yet.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
My SDS200 has a USB A port on the front of the unit what is that used for? Can I plug my 100 in and use it to power or charge my SDS100? Thank You

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
put an RS 800 antenna on the 200 using an elbow adapter. seems to do better than the stock telescoping whip on p25 systems here. anyone else experiment with the antenna on either the 100 or 200?

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
Mr. Upman what is the USB A port on the SDS200 used for, I don't see it in the manual. Thanks

noaim

Premium Subscriber
How do you set range on sds200? This may be the issue

noaim

Premium Subscriber
I even made a favorites list and it won’t pick it up the sds100 picks it up anywhere in the house even right next to the 200 the 200 is quiet not sure why even with the same profile on each it just won’t pick it up

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
put an RS 800 antenna on the 200 using an elbow adapter. seems to do better than the stock telescoping whip on p25 systems here. anyone else experiment with the antenna on either the 100 or 200?

I have 3 of them - Remtronix - and use them on SDS100 and TRX-1 with great results monitoring my Ohio MARCS digital P25 Phase I simulcast system. Great antenna that sells by various names.

JD
kf4anc

Status
Not open for further replies.