Sds100 VS 436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpvitale

Premium Subscriber
My 436HP receives so many more transmissions than my Sds100 on NJICS its crazy. I've tried everything on the SDS100 with no luck at all. Both are only locked to Telegraph Hill site. I've tried every filter on that site. I've factory reset radio. I've reinstall Sentinel. I've reprogrammed. Does anyone have any suggestions. I'm out of ideas.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Are you using the REM 700-800 antenna on the 100? Are all of your service types enabled on the 100?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
My 436HP receives so many more transmissions than my Sds100 on NJICS its crazy. I've tried everything on the SDS100 with no luck at all. Both are only locked to Telegraph Hill site. I've tried every filter on that site. I've factory reset radio. I've reinstall Sentinel. I've reprogrammed. Does anyone have any suggestions. I'm out of ideas.
Are you picking up some transmissions on the SDS100? None? Check service types on the SDS100 and make sure they're turned on for the services you want to hear. Try a different site, any difference? How far from the Telegraph Hill site are you located?

rpvitale

Premium Subscriber
All services are on. I've tried multiple antennas. Signal strength is very good.

rpvitale

Premium Subscriber
I'm 6.4 miles from telegraph hill. I've tried Freehold and Long Branch as well. Still poor results. It's like the SDS100 is taking a longer time to decode and not locking on unless it's a long transmission

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Try it with the system alone on its own favorites list with no conventional objects. You can try drilling down to systems options and applying a 2 Second system hold time and see if that does anything. Again, are you using the REM 7 - 800 antenna?

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Hold time to 2 seems to have helped some.
If you are listening to other systems or want to scan other objects on different favorites list 2 seconds is about the max you can go but if the New Jersey interop system is the only thing that you're listening to and it's alone on its own favorites list and you're not listening to any other favorites list and you're just listening to that one site then there's No Limit how high you can go. You could even put the system hold time at maximum at 255 seconds. Of course you wouldn't be able to scan any other favorites list or objects. You can go to Max three seconds if you do want to scan other things.

Bottom line is by Theory the 100 should be working better than the 436.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
PSX_20210810_193329.jpg
Unfortunately I just can't read your screen but I darkened it and pixelated it and it appears as if your RSSI is -91, it should be doing better than that, it would be nice around -78 to - 82, might I suggest trying the filters again but do it this way.

Using Global filters which are on normal by default and should only be used to sample systems and objects. While sitting on the system, you already know what normal does, try a global filter of wide normal and look at your error rate and noise level in addition to signal. Then try global wide invert using the real time results, then try invert, forget about the auto filters. If you do get any Improvement especially with error rate then RETURN global to normal where it belongs and drill down to Telegraph Hill and apply the filter that made even the least amount of improvement, especially moving the radio around while you were sampling the three filters.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Even though that is a very cluttered screen you can add the filter indicator to the display and always remember when making these kind of changes on the radio itself the first thing you should do when you hook up to the computer is transfer the card to your profile so as to make these changes permanent. I have a feeling you already know that LOL.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Taking the NJICS out of the equation, how is RX otherwise? Are you able to get clear pick up on analog, NOAA, etc with the SDS?
I missed this post before as I was eating dinner during some of the discussion. I know what you were thinking and I was thinking the same thing, fortunately it does not appear to be csj (y)

Ubbe

Change that "Site Id: 23" field in the display editor, you already have the site name displayed, to instead show the D-error, which is the errors in the datastream. You should get those as low as possible, below 5, by trying the different filter settings and also IFX that sometimes are the only thing needed. Easiest way to toggle IFX are to enter the different frequencies for the site by Channel+frequency+Channel and then do Fn+7 after each frequency+Channel.

/Ubbe

walter900

Hello... Have you gone into the range settings of your SDS100 for your NJICS system and changed the default range setting (3 miles) to 10 miles or more. This should solve your problem. 😊👍

Status
Not open for further replies.